TV Show Seasons You've Finished Recently

Couch potatoes unite! Remember LOST!? Tiny Toon!? Three's Company!?
">

Re: TV Show Seasons You've Finished Recently

Postby Aussiemandias » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:43 pm

Breaking Bad - Season 2

Oh this is good. Bryan Cranston is brilliant - you can actually see him change before your eyes in some scenes. Really impressive stuff. The tension at times in different episodes is unreal. Anyway, enjoyed this season immensely and I liked that they focussed a bit on the cost of what they're doing to the people they are selling to/making the drugs for.
Aussiemandias

">

Postby supervenom » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:39 pm

Ultraseven
kaiju and aliens. ooohhh yeah! :metal:
supervenom

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:31 am

Big Bang Theory - Season 4

Enjoyable as always. I don't think the show is amazing as some people seem to think but I always get a good laugh out of it which is all you can ask. I used to think Sheldon's behaviour was the most far fetched thing in the show but these days I think the love lives of some of the characters (in particular, Leonard) is the most fantastical thing going on.
Aussiemandias

">

Postby jaydee74 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:37 am

Walking Dead Season 3
Misfits series 4
jaydee74

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:16 pm

Justified - Season 4

Bloody excellent, especially the 2nd half of the season. There were some plot threads in the first half of the season that just kind of drifted off but once it got into the main storyline it was great. I'm such a big fan of Timothy Olyphant ever since Deadwood, and I love the complex character he portrays in this show. I thought there was some really nice work from a lot of the supporting/guest actors this season - Ron Eldard was fantastic and Jim Beaver was also great (another Deadwood alumni). Really enjoyed the finale and set up some storylines for next season. Now I have to wait until January next year for season 5! :(
Aussiemandias

">

Postby Batman25JM » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:01 pm

The West Wing Season 5

I finished this up back on March 26th. It was another fantastic season. I do think that the first half of the season was a little stronger than the second half, but the whole thing was still great. John Goodman was fantastic in his guest role.
Batman25JM

">

Postby nubbins » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:16 pm

I am on an ER kick I have watched the first 7 seasons.
Its been a long time since I had watched them. Use to watch the show back when it was on then stopped so I am almost up too were I stopped watching so I will have "New" episodes to watch soon!
SYTYK Host - Lori
nubbins

">

Postby Debaser77 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:28 am

I finally wrapped up the first season of House of Cards on Netflix. I found the season finale frustratingly anticlimactic, yet it set up some interesting situations for Season 2. I hope Netflix gets the new season out soon.
Debaser77

">

Postby Debaser77 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:44 pm

Children's Hospital, Season 1- I love this show! Gleefully absurd and offensive, with an unbelievably deep cast of talented comedic performers. Netflix only has the first two seasons up now, but hopefully they'll put seasons 3 and 4 up soon, because I hear it just gets better as it goes along.
Debaser77

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:02 pm

Sons of Anarchy - Season 2

Loving this show. Very sad end to the season. And as crazy as the season finale was, I've watched the first episode of the next season and that was even more nuts!
Aussiemandias

">

Postby jaydee74 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:26 am

nubbins wrote:I am on an ER kick I have watched the first 7 seasons.
Its been a long time since I had watched them. Use to watch the show back when it was on then stopped so I am almost up too were I stopped watching so I will have "New" episodes to watch soon!

I forget what season it was but I loved the season where Noah Wylie has Kellie Martin has his student. Great interactions.
jaydee74

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Sat May 25, 2013 8:55 pm

Game of Thrones - Season 2

I just freaking love everything about this show. That 2nd last episode - the siege - was nothing short of awesome. I absolutely loved that episode. Can't wait for the next season.
Aussiemandias

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:38 pm

Supernatural - Season 6

Yeah, this was not my favourite season. There's a side of me who thinks they should have ended it perfectly with season 5. That being said, some of the funny episodes are great and I particularly loved The French Mistake when the brothers end up here in the real world. Anyway, on to Season 7 - hopefully it's an improvement.
Aussiemandias

">

Postby supervenom » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:08 pm

True Blood season 5- love just seeing vampires being all monstery and all. Bill has gone batshit crazy. And Russell Edgington finally gets put down. The season ended on rather strange note with Bill being one with Lilith. I mean WTF?? all in all 9 out of 10. :metal:
supervenom

">

Postby nubbins » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:18 pm

Finished the whole run of ER. The later seasons started to drag a little and I didn't really bond with some of the characters like earlier seasons. But the final season (15) was pretty decent. They knew it would be the last and they had almost every character return in some way. Besides Kelly Martin that is. It was not too bad. It may of went on a few seasons too long. But it will always be one of my favorite shows. I guess my thinking Grey's Anatomy was it was too girly and different from ER was wrong. After going back and watching ER. Grey's Anatomy really is not that much different of a medical show then ER was medicine and drama a like really.
SYTYK Host - Lori
nubbins

">

Postby jaydee74 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:08 am

In The Flesh - It's a BBC America show that was only three episodes but man, did it pack a lot in those three episodes. It's about the aftermath of a zombie outbreak where the living actually find a cure and zombies become almost human again and are put back into society with the living. It's was really powerful and I enjoyed the acting in it a lot and with only three episodes for the entire first series, it's really worth a shot.
jaydee74

">

Postby nubbins » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:51 pm

jaydee74 wrote:In The Flesh - It's a BBC America show

Is this on Netflix Instant?
SYTYK Host - Lori
nubbins

">

Postby Batman25JM » Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:26 pm

Yu Yu Hakusho Seasons 1, 2, 3, and 4

Back in mid April I started rewatching the anime Yu Yu Hakusho. It's my second favorite anime, but it had been years since I'd watched it. I kind of forgot how awesome it is. I absolutely love it. I finished it all up today, and as usual, when I finish a TV series (even if I've already seen it all) I have no idea what to do with my life. I actually get pretty depressed. It's stupid and it sucks. :)
Batman25JM

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:06 am

Curb Your Enthusiasm - Season 8

Great as always and I really liked half the season being set in New York. Hopefully Larry David will do some more seasons.
Aussiemandias

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:33 pm

Breaking Bad - Season 3

Absolutely fantastic. I think the people making this show are brilliant. Now onto season 4!!!!
Aussiemandias

">

Postby jaydee74 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:01 pm

nubbins wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:In The Flesh - It's a BBC America show

Is this on Netflix Instant?

I have no idea. I watched it on youtube.
jaydee74

">

Postby shark6495 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:13 pm

Aussiemandias wrote:Supernatural - Season 6

Yeah, this was not my favourite season. There's a side of me who thinks they should have ended it perfectly with season 5. That being said, some of the funny episodes are great and I particularly loved The French Mistake when the brothers end up here in the real world. Anyway, on to Season 7 - hopefully it's an improvement.

Im almost through this season, and I have to agree I thought season 5 ended perfectly (minus the last surprise). I had always read that when the show was created the entire first 5 season story arc was created. When it was showed that it was popular they wrote another 5 season story arc. Building up to another big bad show down.
shark6495

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:16 am

shark6495 wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:Supernatural - Season 6

Im almost through this season, and I have to agree I thought season 5 ended perfectly (minus the last surprise). I had always read that when the show was created the entire first 5 season story arc was created. When it was showed that it was popular they wrote another 5 season story arc. Building up to another big bad show down.

So aiming for 10 seasons huh? I like that kind of planning.
Aussiemandias

">

Postby shark6495 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:27 am

Agreed^^^ I also like the idea of a show having a long term plan. It makes the actions feel like they have weight. Plus when you get to the end of your 5 year journey, you really feel like you have gone somewhere.
Compared to a show like Burn Notice or Dr Who where each season has an over all plot, each season is kind of stand alone, INMO. Where when a show has a multie year arc (Supernatural, Game of Thrones, Merlin), each of the previous seasons' plots are important to the end game..
shark6495

">

Postby nubbins » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:17 pm

Just finished Dexter Season 1. I have seen it before. (I made it through season 2 before Brandon decided he wanted to watch with me, so I have been waiting.) So with our normal shows all done we started Dexter. Can't wait to get through season 2 so I can see new episodes. Its still an awesome show. And going back and re-watching it after you know some of the plot surprises you really see the hints they drop a little more clear!
SYTYK Host - Lori
nubbins

PreviousNext

Return to Television