The Official Power Rangers Thread

Couch potatoes unite! Remember LOST!? Tiny Toon!? Three's Company!?
">

Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread

Postby Batman25JM » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:28 am

So, Power Rangers Megaforce premiered today. It was quite awesome.

It felt like a return to form for the series. In my opinion, Samurai and Super Samurai were bother pretty awful. It's nice that the show seems to be back on track. Prior to Samurai and Super Samurai, my least favorite season was Operation Overdrive. Aside from Once A Ranger that season was pretty awful. However, it was followed by one of my favorite seasons, Jungle Fury. I'm hoping that history will repeat itself and an awful season will be followed by a great one.

The female rangers in Megaforce were hot as hell. I especially liked Gia.

I have to say that the acting was MUCH better in Megaforce than in Samurai/Super Samurai. Obviously, Power Rangers isn't a show that has award winning acting, though that's not to say that there haven't been good/decent actors on the show, but Samurai and Super Samurai hit a new low for acting in PR.

Seeing all the old Ranger figures lining the new base of operations was really cool. Though, I think it would have been cooler if they'd been the full size suits, like how the MMPR suits were in the Power Chamber in Zeo.

I loved how they borrowed a lot from Day of the Dumpster, the first episode of PR. Troy's line about how the morphers will give them power is the same as Jason's in Day of the Dumpster. And Emma's line about the helmet messing up her hair is what Kimberly said in Day of the Dumpster. Noah being fascinated by Tensou was similar to Billy's reaction to Alpha. I think it would have been cool if Noah had used Billy's line "It's a fully-sentient, multifunctional automaton". There were some other things as well. They really wanted to evoke the feeling of MMPR. They brought back teleporting!! Also, a juice bar run by a guy named Ernie.

Now, as much I did like the first episode there were some things that I wish were different. Since they were really going for an MMPR feeling, it would be cool if this was set in Angel Grove. Now, I don't think they said where it was set, so it technically could be Angel Grove, but I don't think it will be. Since they went with a juice bar, if it'd been in Angel Grove it would have been cool if it'd just been the Youth Center. I know it got an overhaul in PR in Space, but they could have changed it back.

Gosei looks kind of weird. I do like that he was Zordon's apprentice. Oh, and Tensou is kind of lame looking. I think it's odd that Alpha 5, who was done 20 years ago looks cooler than the new robot helper. Speaking of which, it would have been cool if it had just been Alpha 5 instead. We don't know his fate, so he could still be alive. If they couldn't get Richard Horvitz to come back to voice Alpha 5 then they just could have had a new Alpha in the show. It could have been Alpha 8. Oh, well.

I also think the new command center is kind of lame, at least compared to the original one. Oh, and it would have been cool if the Rangers got individual morphing calls.

Despite the minor gripes, the show truly was awesome. I can't wait to see more. And I really do hope past Rangers make appearances.
Batman25JM

">

Postby Denim » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:30 am

I friggin loved it. I pretty much agree with everything John said above

I would mark out if they somehow work into the stroryline that Gosei is somehow the spirit of Billy or built by him.
Denim

">

Postby jaydee74 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:46 pm

Wow. This was pretty damn awesome. So much taken from the pilot of MMPR. The Pink Ranger's feelings about the helmet messing up her hair was almost taken line for line from Day of the Dumpster. I like the characters a lot and I agree with John Michael about the female Rangers. The Blue Ranger reminded me so much of Billy I almost want to believe they are somehow related but they aren't. The Red Ranger's dream where all of the Rangers are fighting together was really quite cool and I wonder if that is a prelude to some huge fight. I loved that the Power Rangers of past are all represented in that decoration setup in the headquarters and I loved their weapons and the way they set up their ultra weapon was a lot like how the original Rangers did it. Wasn't the juice bar called Ernie's.....something or another? Will we see Ernie? Overall, a great first episode.
jaydee74

">

Postby Denim » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:10 pm

Unfotunatly, there will be no Ernie, the actor that played him died in 2008.

The new Ernie is the dude that runs that new juice bar thing. In a way, I kind of wish they would not of given him the name Ernie.
Denim

">

Postby jaydee74 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:58 pm

Well that sucks. Oh well. I wonder who if any of the older cast we may see. Will old Rangers make appearances? Old enemies? I want to see that battle with all of the Power Rangers that ever was. That will be EPIC!
jaydee74

">

Postby Spider_Fan14 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:21 pm

The more I watch Doctor Who the more I want a comic book crossover with Power Rangers. Make it happen!

Frankly, PR is kind of like the american DW, its lasted a very long time, there's always a new cast, the old cast usually crosses overs with the new cast, aliens are usually cgi or make up, stuff like that.
Spider_Fan14

">

Postby Denim » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:42 pm

The new zords transformation made me laugh in a good way. The whole angry birds approch then attaching to real modes of transprtation then transforming was real awesome. The way the bad guys are going to become giants also got a giggle out of me.

Yellow ranger is going to turn a whole new generation of young boys into men.
Denim

">

Postby Batman25JM » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:25 pm

The Great Legend War, the battle with all the past Rangers that's been seen, will be shown in more depth at some point. I'm just wondering how they'll do it. From what I know of how it went down in the Super Sentai series, they all teamed up and then they all lost their powers. Then the next team, a space pirate team, went out to collect all the powers. The space pirates then had the ability to use all the past powers. I know that some of the past Super Sentai actors appeared at this time. And at from what I understand they'll be using the space pirates Super Sentai footage for Power Rangers: Super Megaforce. I don't know exactly how that'll work yet. I'm thinking that maybe by the end of this season we'll see the Great Legend War and then next season they'll go after the powers. I just want to know if we'll actually see any past actors. Also, when the do the Great Legend War, how will that work? There is overlap with certain Rangers. For the original MMPR Rangers they should be fine because the replacements can just appear with their Zeo powers. And if they want to show the yellow MMPR demorphed they can have Aisha. However, since Tommy was so many different Rangers, I wonder how that'll work. There is also the problem of the Turbo and Space Rangers. I'm wondering if they'll do it where they Rangers are pulled out of the time stream. That way you can have 4 different Tommys running around. Or, they could do it where the Rangers who have had more than one suit/set of powers can just morph between one costume and the next. I have to admit it would be cool to see Tommy continually shift from MMPR Green, MMPR White, Zeo Red, and the Dino Thunder Black Brachio Ranger. The only problem with the shifting powers theory is that I believe in the quick glimpses of the Great Legend War that we've seen, Rangers that would have to be the same person have been seen together. However, in the footage we've seen you can also see quick shots of Super Sentai suits that weren't used in the States. I've heard that they hadn't finished editing that footage when the used it for the premiere/opening. So, they could fix it by the time the war is actually seen.

I enjoyed the second episode.

I agree that Gia is making a new generation of boys into men. Hell, she's making me a man all over again.

I really do like the team/cast a lot. Troy is starting to remind me a little more of Jason.

Every time Troy says "Dragon Sword" it sounds like "Dragonzord" do me.

I like the Zords a lot. I do have an issue with them being called Megazords when they aren't linked up. That's just weird. Whatever. They're cool, and I love their cockpits.

I really think the morphers look ridiculous. It's no fault of the show's though. This is what they had for the Super Sentai series so PR had to make due.

I like the remix of the theme song for Megaforce much more than I did for Samurai.

I'm happy that the Rangers are wearing the same clothes all the time because I love what Gia is wearing. :)
Batman25JM

">

Postby jaydee74 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:56 pm

This show is all kinds of cool. It reminds me a lot of what I liked about the original MMPR. I also agree with John Michael. Gia is hot.
jaydee74

">

Postby Strider » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:58 pm

The first two episodes were great.

I'm so happy that I was able to watch them so soon after they premiered.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.

And either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives
Strider

">

Postby jaydee74 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:04 am

This show is so great. I haven't seen a Power Rangers spin-off that reminds me so much of the original as much as this show. I am loving the chaacters and their interactions and I'm always excited for the next episode. I know that John Michael like the Yellow Rangers a lot but I happen to think the Pink Ranger is very cute.
jaydee74

">

Postby Denim » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:15 pm

I am really enjoying the new series. I really like the way the Megazord has different attachments.
Denim

">

Postby jaydee74 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:01 pm

This show is all kinds of awesome. I loved the latest episode with the guy who was bragging he was the Red Power Ranger. I liked the "In-Your-Face" message like the original show had and I am very curious about Troy's dream with all of the Rangers fighting together. I am so curious to see how that all comes together. In the dream, you could hear the Red Mighty Morphin Power Ranger and it sure as heck didn't sound like Austin St. John to me so I am curious to see how this all comes down. Will all the other Rangers only appear in costume? I'm guessing yes. Still, this should be pretty cool.
jaydee74

">

Postby Batman25JM » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:54 pm

So, apparently the individual Zords are called Mechazords, and not Megazords. It sounds like they're saying Megazords to me.

This season continues to be really cool. I like Troy a lot. I like the whole team a lot. While I do like the Yellow Ranger more, the Pink Ranger is quite cute too.

It's weird. In the flash forward to the big battle with all the past Rangers, you can clearly see some Dairanger Rangers. The Dairangers are the ones that came after Zyuranger. Zyuranger is the series that the Mighty Morphin costumes came from and all the Japanese footage for season 1. Dairanger is where the Thunderzords come from. The only Dairanger suit that was used in America is the White Ranger. It's weird that they didn't cut the rest of the Dairanger suits from the show.
Batman25JM

">

Postby jaydee74 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:17 pm

I am so jazzed to see all the Rangers fight together. I so want to see that.
jaydee74

">

Postby jaydee74 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:36 pm

Is this show still on? I think I only saw about 6 or 8 episodes. Then nothing.
jaydee74

">

Postby Denim » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:46 pm

They have not aired a new episode since April, it's kind of annoying. There were a total of 9 episodes aired. IO know that they have filmed Super Megaforce which will bring back some older rangers and that will be airing soon, but no idea what happened with Megaforce.
Denim

">

Postby jaydee74 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:56 am

Denim wrote:They have not aired a new episode since April, it's kind of annoying. There were a total of 9 episodes aired. IO know that they have filmed Super Megaforce which will bring back some older rangers and that will be airing soon, but no idea what happened with Megaforce.

Super Megaforce? I guess it will be continuing what Megafoce started but I miss Megaforce. I thought the show was cool and I liked the leader a lot. I want to see his dream come true with all the Rangers fighting a evil force.
jaydee74

">

Postby Strider » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:53 pm

I'm very glad the series is back.

It's become a Saturday ritual mixed in with watching College Football.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.

And either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives
Strider

">

Postby jaydee74 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:21 pm

I'm suddenly getting episodes back on Hulu. Just watched an episode where the monster-of-the-week feeds on laughter and it was up to the Blue Ranger and the Robot Ranger (I forget his name) to save the day. Not bad.
jaydee74

">

Postby Thundermatts » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:29 am

Gabe and I watch this together and have a blast with it. I was never big into the Power Rangers as a kid, I watched the first season sure, but we kind of got over it pretty fast, I think I was a year or two too old to really get into it, I think it started when I was in fourth grade or something. Anyways, while i don't have the greatest love or knowledge of Rangers its something really cool to watch with my son and DAT YELLOW RANGER!!
You are absolutely, perfectly seeing a rainbow. We're being goofy buddy, we're being so goofy- Me, talking in my sleep.
Thundermatts

">

Postby jaydee74 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:08 am

Yup. Yellow Ranger is pretty attractive. So is the Pink Ranger.
jaydee74

Previous

Return to Television