The Official Power Rangers Thread

Couch potatoes unite! Remember LOST!? Tiny Toon!? Three's Company!?
">

The Official Power Rangers Thread

Postby Batman25JM » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:34 am

I'm sorry, but Samurai is not doing it for me. It's just too goofy. Now, I know that the early PR stuff was goofy, but that was done in a different time. I still love it, but it's because I loved it back then. Having a new series like that doesn't cut it.
Batman25JM

">

Re: The Official Power Rangers Thread

Postby Batman25JM » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:41 pm

Has there been any word on when the reruns of the previous seasons are going to start airing? I'm getting sick of waiting!!!!!
Batman25JM

">

Postby alucardbarnivous » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:06 am

That was Disney so I wouldn't hold my breath. If anything, look forward to Saban dropping seasons of PR on DVD in the near future.
Tomer: Okay, I think I prefer the knowing-all emotionless nerd Jerry Whitworth of WUMB over this horny metal predator...

alucardbarnivous

">

Postby Batman25JM » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:41 am

I really hope that they do start releasing PR seasons on DVD.

They did announce that they are going to run all 700 existing episodes of Power Rangers (the episodes prior to Samurai) on Nicktoons, but they still haven't given a date when that will start. All they said was early 2011. Well, it's early 2011 and it won't be for much longer.
Batman25JM

">

Postby Larry Joe » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:26 pm

Larry Joe

">

Postby jaydee74 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:49 pm

:shock: That video made me kind of excited. :? Yeah.
jaydee74

">

Postby Batman25JM » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:36 pm

If they could adapt that for America it'd be the most awesome thing in the history of forever.
Batman25JM

">

Postby jaydee74 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:41 pm

Batman25JM wrote:

If they could adapt that for America it'd be the most awesome thing in the history of forever.

THIS!! Oh Yeah!
jaydee74

">

Postby Batman25JM » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:44 am

It would be hard to do it for America since Tommy was the only one to be 4 different Rangers. They could have TJ for the Red Turbo Ranger, but Tommy was the only one to be the Mighty Morphin' Green Ranger, Mighty Morphin' White Ranger, Red Zeo Ranger, and Black Dino Thunder Ranger.
Batman25JM

">

Postby Gemwolf » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:48 am

sorry for the other thread

ok well PIRATE RANGERS is 2011

i started watching ep1 of the sentai version - its quite good - i hope saban doesnt fuck it up when and if they make an american release
Gemwolf

">

Postby jaydee74 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:00 pm

Batman25JM wrote:It would be hard to do it for America since Tommy was the only one to be 4 different Rangers. They could have TJ for the Red Turbo Ranger, but Tommy was the only one to be the Mighty Morphin' Green Ranger, Mighty Morphin' White Ranger, Red Zeo Ranger, and Black Dino Thunder Ranger.

True. Although, if I had to choose one Ranger for him to be in a group like that, I would choose Red Zeo Ranger. Also, you have a lot of overlapping when it comes to Rangers who were Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Zeo Rangers, Turbo Rangers and Space Rangers.
jaydee74

">

Postby Batman25JM » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:07 pm

jaydee74 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:It would be hard to do it for America since Tommy was the only one to be 4 different Rangers. They could have TJ for the Red Turbo Ranger, but Tommy was the only one to be the Mighty Morphin' Green Ranger, Mighty Morphin' White Ranger, Red Zeo Ranger, and Black Dino Thunder Ranger.

True. Although, if I had to choose one Ranger for him to be in a group like that, I would choose Red Zeo Ranger. Also, you have a lot of overlapping when it comes to Rangers who were Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Zeo Rangers, Turbo Rangers and Space Rangers.

That's true, though it would really only be a problem for the Turbo/Space group.

For Mighty Morphin' you go: Jason, Zack, Aisha (since Thuy Trang who played Trini is dead), Billy, and Kimberly. For Zeo: Tommy (though honestly, I'd miss him as the MM Green Ranger), Rocky, Adam, Tanya, and Catherine. There was overlap for the teams, but the way things went down they have enough to have both teams since no one stayed on as a Ranger through Zeo (yes, Jason came back, but he did leave for a time).
Batman25JM

">

Postby jaydee74 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:10 pm

Yeah, the more I thought about it the biggest overlap is between the Turbo Ranger and the Space Rangers. With Jason as the Gold Ranger though, you just have Trey of Triforia as the Gold Ranger. Problem solved.
jaydee74

">

Postby Gemwolf » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:35 am

gokaiger so far has been really cool

one of their powers is to summon the powers of previous rangers

in the first ep they summoned the first supersentai team's powers and then the last one - samurai rangers etc
its not as cheeze as i thought it would be and i think its super cool they are paying homage to the previous sentais

i hope saban doesnt fuck it up - i really wish they brought back the team that did rpm - best so far
Gemwolf

">

Postby Batman25JM » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:39 pm

Yeah, RPM was awesome. It's definitely one of my favorite seasons.
Batman25JM

">

Postby alucardbarnivous » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:21 pm

Was hoping for a church-ground battle... :lol:
Tomer: Okay, I think I prefer the knowing-all emotionless nerd Jerry Whitworth of WUMB over this horny metal predator...

alucardbarnivous

">

Postby Gandicles » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:28 pm

I caught an episode of PRS the other day, and my god it was terribad. It felt like it was just trying way too hard to be cheesy, especially with the ridiculous voice they gave the monster.

I think one of my main problems with it, and frankly the whole concept of Power Rangers, is that they're called Power Rangers. I mean I understand they connected a good chunk of the series so they were part of the same continuity, but in PRS it just doesn't feel right. It's hard for me to explain properly. They should be they're own thing, they should have just stuck with being the Shinkengers, rather than the Samurai Rangers. They shouldn't be the West Coast Avengers. God I hope someone here is able to understand what I'm trying to get at.
Gandicles

">

Postby alucardbarnivous » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:41 pm

I'll agree with whatever you say, just keep your avatar away from me!

alucardbarnivous

">

Postby Batman25JM » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:42 pm

I am so very disappointed in Power Rangers Samurai. I really can't stand it. I watched the first episode all the way through, but since then I haven't been able to make it through an entire episode. I've tried numerous times, but after no more than 10 minutes into each episode I give up. In my opinion it is the worst season to date. I'm quite unhappy that we are going to get at least two seasons of Samurai.
Batman25JM

">

Postby Batman25JM » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:19 pm

I had NO idea that Power Rangers was going up on Netflix Instant. I just saw Lee had mentioned it on Twitter. I am so freaking excited. Seasons 1-18 and both movies are up. I know what I'm doing this weekend. I just don't know where to start. I kind of want to watch it from the beginning, but I also really want to watch some specific stuff first. Decisions, decisions.
Batman25JM

">

Postby MillionDollarGeek2.0 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:38 pm

Lee mentioned it, I tried to look for it yesterday and today and wasnt able to get the episode guide...

More than 700 episodes? That's a lot... I stopped watching after the Gold Ranger story. I think... I gotta watch them this weekend.
MillionDollarGeek2.0

">

Postby Batman25JM » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:46 pm

MillionDollarGeek2.0 wrote:Lee mentioned it, I tried to look for it yesterday and today and wasnt able to get the episode guide...

More than 700 episodes? That's a lot... I stopped watching after the Gold Ranger story. I think... I gotta watch them this weekend.

If you are looking to watch some stuff that you haven't seen before then I'd recommend Time Force (Season 9), Jungle Fury (Season 16), RPM (Season 17), or SPD (Season 13). They are, IMO, the best seasons other than MMPR. Also, if you want to see the return of Tommy (as an adult) I'd watch Dino Thunder (Season 12).
Batman25JM

">

Postby Denim » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:06 am

Added, time for me to relive the good, the bad and the ugly from the very begining.
Denim

">

Postby Batman25JM » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:54 pm

Well, I was going to watch the entire series in order from the beginning, but I just can't wait that long to get to some stuff. So, I'm just going to jump around between seasons/series as I like. Whatever I feel like at the moment I'll watch. Though I will watch each season/series in order.

So far I've watched Day of the Dumpster (the first episode of Mighty Morphin'/the first episode ever), the first 3 episodes of Zeo, the first 3 episodes of in Space, and the first 3 episodes of Time Force.

I really can't express how happy I am that Power Rangers is up on Netflix. Now I finally get to re-watch stuff I haven't seen in years and see some stuff I missed. This is going to be what I'm doing for the rest of the summer. It's going to be glorious.

Also, in case anyone didn't know, Beetleborgs and VR Troopers are also on Netflix Instant.
Last edited by Batman25JM on Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Batman25JM

">

Postby Denim » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:54 pm

I am trying to watch 3 a day, just finished episode 6 - Food Fight. A personal favorite of mine due to Pudgy Pig.
Denim

Next

Return to Television