Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Couch potatoes unite! Remember LOST!? Tiny Toon!? Three's Company!?
">

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Postby Bigtymin504 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:05 pm

Last edited by Bigtymin504 on Thu May 02, 2013 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bigtymin504

">

Re: S.H.I.E.L.D. on ABC!

Postby Arsenal » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:12 pm

Dear great TV spirits in the sky,

Please have a spin off show of Luke Cage and Iron Fist. You can add in Jessica Jones and Misty Knight too. Maybe a whole Marvel Knights lineup? Daredevil, Punisher (Thomas Jane does do TV now) Honestly I would be happy enough just with a show called Marvel Knights where one week it was Heroes for Hire, the Next Daredevil, etc.

Love Always

Tim

P.S Please have Coulson in the show as it was a LMD in the movie, also he can die every episode, that's the fun of LMDs
Arsenal

">

Postby shark6495 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:07 pm

Im excited by this.... So could Nick Fury be in an episode every now and then as director, but who would this follow? Introduce us to random people in the marvel u?

I am cautiously optimistic for this... Because done well this could be great but however, IDK... I want this to be great!
shark6495

">

Postby jaydee74 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:50 pm

This sounds like it could be pretty awesome. Not what I was hoping for but still pretty damn cool.
jaydee74

">

Postby Dr. Wade McNasty » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:44 am

Arsenal wrote:Dear great TV spirits in the sky,

Please have a spin off show of Luke Cage and Iron Fist. You can add in Jessica Jones and Misty Knight too. Maybe a whole Marvel Knights lineup? Daredevil, Punisher (Thomas Jane does do TV now) Honestly I would be happy enough just with a show called Marvel Knights where one week it was Heroes for Hire, the Next Daredevil, etc.

Love Always

Tim

You know, even as separate shows, that would be pretty cool. Luke Cage and Iron Fist as one show, Jessica Jones on another, Daredevil on another, Punisher on another, Mist Knight and Colleen Wing (with Shang Chi in other words Heroes for Hire) on another. Each one done with a different flavor so people don't feel as if they are getting the same thing each night but the cross-referencing of the shows would be pretty interesting, especially if, every once in a while, someone from the movies shows up there (how much shit would people lose if Stark pops up in one story arc? :twisted: ).

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! MAKE IT SO MARVEL. YOUR COMICS SUCK (for the most part) BUT YOUR MOVIES ARE GOLD. :lol:

Hell, even Paladin could get his own show with him being a hitman of sorts (maybe he only kills bad guys and drug lords but does it for money??? idk) who is on the run from SHIELD (I can imagine them not liking the idea of someone killing for money) and various other organizations ( I can imagine every once in a while a hired supervillain is sent after him). The Fugitive meets The Bourne Legacy. It practically writes itself. Since he is a normal human (for the most part) who uses state of the art tech, it could be pretty cool to see all this go down. His feud with SHIELD (maybe it's a personal one and why he won't work for them) can be a major plot point. Such a show would be a good place to introduce someone like Taskmaster and so forth. In fact, Tasky's recent miniseries would make for a good template for such a series, just replace Tasky with Paladin and get rid of the whole "he can't remember things" issue that must have been a allusion to most comic book's writer's inability to recall continuity.

I have to wonder about people like Moon Knight and night Thrasher and so forth and even some of the lesser known Avengers like Black Knight and so forth. I wonder what will be done with them (if anything). :?: :?:

Arsenal wrote:P.S Please have Coulson in the show as it was a LMD in the movie, also he can die every episode, that's the fun of LMDs

That would be all kinds of hilarious. "Oh no! You killed Coulson!" The LMD could be this day and age's redshirt. Everyone watching would be waiting to see how the LMD would die in that episode. :lol:
Arsenal wrote: That whole fight makes me want to hire Wade to write a rant for me and fill it with .GIFs that show how upset I am with it.
Dr. Wade McNasty

">

Postby Debaser77 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:19 pm

I like the idea of doing spinoffs based on lesser-known Marvel characters if this does well...and it more than likely will. Can't wait to hear more details of this.
Debaser77

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:34 pm

When you think about it - a series of TV shows set in the same universe which is also the same universe as their movies - I think this is something that is going to catch on big time with the mainstream. I can't see it not working if they get good writers in particular - the serial nature of comics is one of the things that have made them so popular for decades and that translates perfectly to television especially now that people are more getting into and loving shows with major storylines over seasons rather than one off episodes.

I have to say if they pull this off and it's successful this could be Marvel completely conquering the entertainment world.
Aussiemandias

">

Postby Bigtymin504 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:30 pm

COULSON LIVES!!!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=41604

"I just want to say because I won't have another chance to ask this -- 'Have you heard of a Life Model Decoy?'" asked Gregg. "I don't know if you've read the theories from the people on Twitter, but there's this guy called the Vision. I don't know if you saw the UK version of the DVD, but the blade wasn't coming out of his chest. There's a tesseract!

"There was never going to be a 'S.H.I.E.L.D.' show without Agent Phil Coulson!" said Feige, who appeared behind Whedon, wearing a COULSON LIVES shirt.

"He's headlining the S.H.I.E.L.D. show and always was." said Whedon.

Loeb confirmed Clark Gregg is the first member cast in Whedon's "S.H.I.E.L.D."

:mrgreen:
Bigtymin504

">

Postby Batman25JM » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:02 am

^I started shaking with excitement and happiness when I first heard that news. And I haven't stopped since. I could not be happier.

Now, from the sound of it Coulson will be the star. That's what I get from "headlining". However, part of me still worries that he'll only appear in the pilot, and that it'll be a flashback. Even if that's the case, at least we'll get more Coulson. However, with the whole "Coulson Lives" thing it makes me think that it'll take place after Avengers and that he really is alive.
Batman25JM

">

Postby Captain Painway » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:27 pm

I really hope he's in the series as a recurring character, at the very least. I mean, come on, Clark Gregg doesn't have that sweet New Adventures of Old Christine money coming in anymore. :lol:

All joking aside, both the actor and the character are awesome and I hope we get to see a lot more of him!
Captain Painway

">

Postby Juswise » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:29 pm

Headlining, by my assumption would be main star. In every ep. But thats just me

Juswise

">

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Postby Bigtymin504 » Thu May 02, 2013 2:45 am

Official title and casting/shooting of the pilot has been done.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2364582/
Bigtymin504

">

Postby Bigtymin504 » Sun May 12, 2013 2:04 am

Well now it's fully official, ABC picks it up!
http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/05/agents-shield-tv-series/

The official ABC description of the series goes like this:

Clark Gregg reprises his role of Agent Phil Coulson from Marvel’s feature films as he assembles a small, highly select group of Agents from the worldwide law-enforcement organization known as S.H.I.E.L.D. Together they investigate the new, the strange, and the unknown across the globe, protecting the ordinary from the extraordinary. Coulson’s team consists of Agent Grant Ward (Brett Dalton), highly trained in combat and espionage, Agent Melinda May (Ming-Na Wen) expert pilot and martial artist, Agent Leo Fitz (Iain De Caestecker); brilliant engineer and Agent Jemma Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge) genius bio-chemist. Joining them on their journey into mystery is new recruit and computer hacker Skye (Chloe Bennet). From Executive Producers Joss Whedon (“Marvel’s The Avengers,” ”Buffy the Vampire Slayer”); Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen, “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” pilot co-writers (“Dollhouse,” “Dr.Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog”); Jeffrey Bell (“Angel,” “Alias”); and Jeph Loeb (“Smallville”) comes Marvel’s first TV series.  “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” is produced by ABC Studios and Marvel Television.
Bigtymin504

">

Postby jaydee74 » Sun May 12, 2013 9:56 pm

Holy shit, this looks outstanding! :metal:
jaydee74

">

Postby Sandman » Sun May 12, 2013 10:24 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDKQ3L6FiRU

saw it tonight during once upon a time
Sandman

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Mon May 13, 2013 5:13 am

I wonder what this might do to the chances of the Powers TV show? I know they're remaking the pilot for that. Although the premises aren't the same there are some similarities (ie. normal people dealing with paranormal). If it's successful does it strengthen the chances of Powers going ahead or the opposite and same if it's unsuccessful (although I doubt there's any chance of that)?
Aussiemandias

">

Postby jaydee74 » Mon May 13, 2013 8:38 pm

"Don't touch Lola." This looks AWESOME!
jaydee74

">

Postby Bigtymin504 » Thu May 16, 2013 12:55 am

Bigtymin504

">

Postby Bigtymin504 » Thu May 16, 2013 1:02 am

Aussiemandias wrote:I wonder what this might do to the chances of the Powers TV show? I know they're remaking the pilot for that. Although the premises aren't the same there are some similarities (ie. normal people dealing with paranormal). If it's successful does it strengthen the chances of Powers going ahead or the opposite and same if it's unsuccessful (although I doubt there's any chance of that)?

I'd say that's exactly right. Hollywood, if nothing else, is a copycat industry. I think the future of the Powers TV show very much depends on how this show performs.
Bigtymin504

">

Postby Bigtymin504 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:37 am

Premiere next week! I hope it's good...
Bigtymin504

">

Postby shark6495 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:26 pm

Coulson Doesnt know.... he can never know...
shark6495

">

Postby Sandman » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:18 am

it went a different way than I thought it would but still cool as hell! at the end the only thing that I was thinking was "Roads? where we are going we don't need...roads"
Sandman

">

Postby Debaser77 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:30 pm

Here's my review of the first episode. http://panelsonpages.com/?p=65701
Debaser77

">

Postby Arsenal » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:31 am

I liked the show but it wasn't amazing to me. Maybe because I just watched Iron Man 3 but it feel way too much Weadoney. I think I would have liked more Marvel U shout outs no new "heroes" of the week using established characters I mean this show is MARVEL's Agents of SHIELD not Superhero SVU. Arrow does a great job using nods to the comics and comic characters, I'm sure a lot of it has to do with licence rights but I think that would help me enjoy it, I also might like it more when Weadon is just the producer not directly involved.

Flying car however? I'm sure Jim Steranko popped wood from that part, then of course bathed in the blood of 50 infidels while saving Ms. America from bullies.
Arsenal

">

Postby jaydee74 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:19 pm

So. This was good. The pilot was your basic "Bringing the Band together" episode which wasn't bad. I'm curious to see where it goes.
jaydee74

Next

Return to Television