Green Arrow Coming to The CW

Couch potatoes unite! Remember LOST!? Tiny Toon!? Three's Company!?
">

Re: Green Arrow Coming to The CW

Postby jaydee74 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:23 pm

I saw it on the CW. It was okay if not a tad predictable. I liked it overall though.
jaydee74

">

Postby Batman25JM » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:40 pm

I REALLY enjoyed the pilot. I can't wait to see more. The fights were great.

I was a little bummed that Drakon was taken out so easily. I was hoping he'd become a recurring villain.

When it was originally announced I was less than thrilled by the name changes. After seeing it, I'm okay. While I'd prefer that Laurel go by her first name, and that Thea was named Mia, it doesn't hurt my enjoyment of the show.
Batman25JM

">

Postby D-Rock » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:50 pm

Batman25JM wrote:I REALLY enjoyed the pilot. I can't wait to see more. The fights were great.

I was a little bummed that Drakon was taken out so easily. I was hoping he'd become a recurring villain.

When it was originally announced I was less than thrilled by the name changes. After seeing it, I'm okay. While I'd prefer that Laurel go by her first name, and that Thea was named Mia, it doesn't hurt my enjoyment of the show.

I assume they did name changes to avoid legal issues if/when a movie gets made
D-Rock

">

Postby Juswise » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:58 pm

Juswise

">

Postby jaydee74 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:35 am

So. While I thought that the pilot was average and typical for this kind of show, the preview looked insane. Was that Black Canary? Already in the first season? Deathstroke? Yes please. Dead Shot? Eh. Still doesn't look all that cool but okay. I kind of wish Arrow had some kind of voice modulator to make it more realistic. It was one of the cool things that they did with the Smallville Green Arrow that I liked. Still, I'm on board for the season.
jaydee74

">

Postby Juswise » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:51 pm

Arrow becomes CW's highest watched show in 3 years , gets full season order http://tvline.com/2012/10/22/arrow-full-season-the-cw/
Also, a certain MAJOR DC City was namedropped in the preview for next weeks episode. Awesome.
All in All, pretty solid ep tonight. One of the true surprises of the new season.

Juswise

">

Postby Spider_Fan14 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:50 am

Me and my mom really like the show (Though in conversation I call it "Green Arrow") but last week's episode I didn't like too much. A lot of the conversations felt too long and speechy and I wish they had Ollie think Theo was on drugs and then find out she was because it feels more short sighted and kind of weird he's not telling his mom or anything. He's enabling her. Also they had Kelly Hu for five fucking minutes and they wasted her. She had better be a recurring character because the fact that she's just as awesome on Young Justice just puts salt in the hitaus caused wound.
Spider_Fan14

">

Postby Tomer Soiker » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:27 am

Spider_Fan14 wrote:Me and my mom really like the show (Though in conversation I call it "Green Arrow") but last week's episode I didn't like too much. A lot of the conversations felt too long and speechy and I wish they had Ollie think Theo was on drugs and then find out she was because it feels more short sighted and kind of weird he's not telling his mom or anything. He's enabling her. Also they had Kelly Hu for five fucking minutes and they wasted her. She had better be a recurring character because the fact that she's just as awesome on Young Justice just puts salt in the hitaus caused wound.

AFAIK, China White will return. Kelly Hu is not a good actress, but focusing on her fighting/action abilities is her appeal. Still, didn't like the fake white wig.

Episode 3 spoilers:

I love that already in the third episode two secrets were revealed (Ollie hears about the Laurel/Tommy relationship, although as Laurel realized he already knew that; and Dig now knows Ollie's secret). They could've stretched it for a couple more episodes and make it feel dumb, so kudos to the writers. On the other hand, now I'm kinda expecting them to reveal secrets and answer questions as soon as possible (like Moira's agenda and the secret organization she's in cahoots with). On the same note, in a way the show takes notes from Lost, answers questions/advances the plot and then adds new mysteries. For example, we don't know yet who the Asian archer is aside from being Oliver's savior and possible upcoming mentor, and soon the show tells us Ollie is a genuine member of the Russian mob (more than that, a captain) and adds secret black ops guys on the island.
"Rumors of my early demise were highly exaggerated."
- Tomer Soiker, February 2012

Tomer Soiker

">

Postby Batman25JM » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:07 pm

I am 100% in love with this show!

I love that Diggle is now on Ollie's side, and because of him Ollie is expanding his mission.

The training scene with Ollie and Diggle was awesome. And so was the fight between Yao-Fei and Deathstroke.

So, it seems that a character inspired by Count Vertigo will be making an appearance in the show played by Seth Gabel. That shoots my theory that John Barrowman's character was Vertigo. I'm now putting all my money on Barrowman being Maxwell Lord.
Batman25JM

">

Postby jaydee74 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:11 pm

If John Barrowman is Maxwell Lord, I am going to be one happy person.
jaydee74

">

Postby Spider_Fan14 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:00 pm

I like how Ollie is like Punisher Arrow and Diggle is like the traditional Green Arrow. Anyone think that the main RFG member and his sons looked a little like John, Dean and Sam Winchester? I thought they did, it was kinda weird.
Spider_Fan14

">

Postby Batman25JM » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:08 pm

I read the first issue of the tie in comic. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't that great either. I don't think it was good enough for me to stick with it. It just didn't add enough to the show to justify buying it.
Batman25JM

">

Postby D-Rock » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:32 pm

I've been really enjoying the show so far. The amount of cameos is pretty cool. I was surprised to see Huntress show up, but I like what they did with it
D-Rock

">

Postby Rath99 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:38 am

Yeah I'm done with this. Not enough to keep my attention. Acting is OK at best. It is better than Smallville but not by much.
Rath99

">

Postby jaydee74 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:54 am

I'm all caught up with this show and it's good. I loved the two part Huntress story. This mid-season finale though was awesome. We get the Dark Archer and it's exactly who I thought it would be which is rather awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing how the second half of this show fairs but I have really liked this show so far.
jaydee74

">

Postby Batman25JM » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:14 pm

The identity of the Dark Archer wasn't a shock (at least to the comic fans), but there was the question of which Merlyn it would be. I liked the reveal. I can't wait to see it play out.
Batman25JM

">

Postby Peg leg Pete » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:05 am

i am woefully behind on this. at this point, i think i'm going to wait and catch it on netflix (which will be soon i hope). My DVR ate a few episodes, and then we got new boxes and i lost everything all together.

i really like the character interactions. i love Diggle. I sort of hate Thea, but maybe she gets better at some point that i haven't seen yet. I also love Ollie when he is being Green Arrow.

my big problem is when he is being Ollie. he seems to have as much personality as a side of beef. he is supposed to be like the DC's version of Tony Stark, but right now he's playing him as a more boring version of Bruce Wayne. He is starting all these parties and pretending to be outgoing and such, but it's very clearly an act. One of the things I like best about GA is that Ollie has his moments of darkness like a lot of heros, but he also doesn't take himself too seriously. This version of Ollie seems to be perpetually in "damaged goods" territory.

i am about eight episodes behind now i think, so he may have gotten better.

i do like the show though, and i want to watch it when i can sit down and powerload the whole thing.

Find out how you can sign up for a PoP! Passport:
http://www.panelsonpages.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&p=74999#p74958
Peg leg Pete

">

Postby Dickgrayson007 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:54 pm

This show is awesome right now, I feel like it has improved so much since the first part of the season. The Island is definitely my favorite part of the show but the present tense stuff is starting to heat up. I can't wait for the new episodes to start back next week.
Dickgrayson007

">

Postby Batman25JM » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:00 pm

Assuming that Arrow does go up on Netflix, it won't be up until September (or maybe late August).
Batman25JM

">

Postby Peg leg Pete » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:49 pm

well, i may have to wait then...for some reason my new DVR won't catch it, and i won't remember to look it up online every week

Find out how you can sign up for a PoP! Passport:
http://www.panelsonpages.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&p=74999#p74958
Peg leg Pete

">

Postby jaydee74 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:00 am

I am loving this show. So many amazing nods to the comic Universe like when Laurel's mom leaves town to go home to Central City and says she'll be home in a Flash. Good lord, I so marked out over that and I'm really loving the flashbacks. It's amazing and I can't wait to see more of Ollie's time there and to see his training really begin. Loving this show. I think this first season rivals the first season of Smallville although I loved that first season.
jaydee74

">

Postby Dickgrayson007 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:04 pm

I want Huntress to die, she is such a bitch!
Dickgrayson007

">

Postby jaydee74 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:12 am

Dickgrayson007 wrote:I want Huntress to die, she is such a bitch!

I'll be curious to see what happens to her in future episodes. She would be stupid to come back to Staring City.
jaydee74

">

Postby Dickgrayson007 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:33 pm

I want Felicity sooo bad!!! :InLove:
Dickgrayson007

">

Postby Dickgrayson007 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:53 pm

I'm sorry but this show is so much better than Agents of Shield. I'm not trying to start anything it's just how I feel.
Dickgrayson007

PreviousNext

Return to Television