The Walking Dead

Couch potatoes unite! Remember LOST!? Tiny Toon!? Three's Company!?
">

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby ZombieNightingale » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:35 am

Dickgrayson007 wrote:For a second there I was sure he was gonna execute her right there in the woods. Watching Talking Dead Todd McFarlane made a great point that this is guy who wants people who have done him wrong to suffer.

Exactly. I had thought he killed her until they showed her at the very end.
ZombieNightingale

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:39 am

Oh nuts!!!! She was nearly there!!!

Great episode - really, really tense. Finally Andrea steps up. She did a lot of brave things this episode but number one for me is leaving safety with a very small knife and without a gun. Very hard to survive in this world without a gun but at the very least you need a large stabbing/slicing impliment. Actually, one thing that bugged me was that building she was in at the end actually had lots of stuff hanging on the walls that looked sharp and would have made good weapons.

The Governor may have been wavering in the past between sanity and craziness but I think he's edged over into fully fledged psychopath territory now. He's getting a little too much enjoyment out of some of this stuff.

Anyone else thinking Milton is going to play a pivotal role in all this and then die for showing some guts? I've been giving him grief in the past but he too is starting to show some balls. I think it's just going to get him killed though.
Aussiemandias

">

Postby Dickgrayson007 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:11 am

Yeah, I think at this point Milton has realized that he has to play the role of saboteur even if it costs him his life because the Governor has gone so far off the rails. I don't see Milton coming out of this alive either.
Dickgrayson007

">

Postby ZombieNightingale » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:02 pm

Agreed^
ZombieNightingale

">

Postby Bigtymin504 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:11 pm

Gov. went full on Michael Myers! I was on the edge of my seat, cool that they decided to do an episode like this. Although now it feels like they have A LOT to cram into just 2 episodes.

Great to see Tyreese and Sasha starting to take a stand against what they're seeing in Woodbury. I have a feeling they might find and save Andrea.
Bigtymin504

">

Postby Batman25JM » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:47 pm

Frankly, I was kind of bored with the last episode. I hate Andrea and want her to die. She should have left Woodbury a long time ago. It just felt ridiculous that it took this long to get her to open her eyes. And the chase went on too long. There were enjoyable moments, but all in all it was one of my least favorite episodes of the series.
Batman25JM

">

Postby Denim » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:27 pm

That last episode felt like a classic horror movie done right.
Denim

">

Postby ZombieNightingale » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:37 pm

Bigtymin504 wrote:Gov. went full on Michael Myers! I was on the edge of my seat, cool that they decided to do an episode like this. Although now it feels like they have A LOT to cram into just 2 episodes.

Great to see Tyreese and Sasha starting to take a stand against what they're seeing in Woodbury. I have a feeling they might find and save Andrea.

I hope so. I want to see them with the prison group at the end of the season.
ZombieNightingale

">

Postby Dickgrayson007 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:28 pm

I re-watched the episode and thought it was hilarious how many times the Governor kept stabbing the walker with the shovel he was totally into it. Also, I'm starting to wonder if it was really Milton who torched the zombies or could it have been Morgan since he likes to burn walkers.
Dickgrayson007

">

Postby Bigtymin504 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:40 pm

Dickgrayson007 wrote:I re-watched the episode and thought it was hilarious how many times the Governor kept stabbing the walker with the shovel he was totally into it. Also, I'm starting to wonder if it was really Milton who torched the zombies or could it have been Morgan since he likes to burn walkers.

Good call. I hope this is the case.
Bigtymin504

">

Postby Bigtymin504 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:11 pm

NOOOOO!! I knew it was coming once we saw some more development on the character...heart wrenching stuff at the end. :-/

I'm scared about who we'll lose in the finale. Loved the proposal.
Bigtymin504

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:57 pm

Bigtymin504 wrote:NOOOOO!! I knew it was coming once we saw some more development on the character...heart wrenching stuff at the end. :-/

I'm scared about who we'll lose in the finale. Loved the proposal.

Yeah great scene with Daryl at the end there. I thought it was really well done especially when Merle looks up from the body he's feasting on. He and Merle had a complex relationship but that was very sad for Daryl.

And, have to say, very clever plan by Merle. Suicidal, obviously, but clever. Looked like he took out about 6 of the Governor's guys (including at least one of Tyreese's group?)? That helps with the odds a bit.

The proposal was a really nice moment but, yeah, the calm before the storm. Can't wait until next week - it's going to be carnage (maybe)! I haven't been this excited about a season finale in a while.
Aussiemandias

">

Postby jaydee74 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:15 am

Finally caught up and dammit! Man, those were two great episodes. Like a lot of you, I am also nervous about who we are going to lose in the season finale. I am so hoping that Andrea kills the Governor. So excited to see this tonight.
jaydee74

">

Postby Sandman » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:47 pm

I saw there are supposed to be 27 deaths tonight!!
Sandman

">

Postby K-Nice if ur Nasty » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:38 pm

Anyone else get the feeling that the creators are killing people off based on viewer opinion? No one liked Lori....dead....no one liked Andrea....dead....

This finale lacked closure and a big "END". And I don't agree with killing off Andrea. I thought for sure we were gonna get a two-fer kill of Carol and Judy.
K-Nice if ur Nasty

">

Postby Batman25JM » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:52 pm

I'm just going to generally warn of spoilers here because I don't feel like having to put up a bunch tags. So there will be spoilers after this point.

***SPOILERS***

I do feel like they are killing off people based on viewer opinion. I have mixed feelings about Andrea's death. I love the character in the book but I hated her with an all-consuming passion in the show. It's a shame will never get to see her develop like in the book, but she was kind worthless in the show so I kind of have to say good riddance.

I am so so so happy that Hershel survived. I've been terrified that he would die during every single episode. He's my second favorite character on the show. Daryl is my favorite, and I didn't want him today either but I kind of figured he wouldn't since he's the most common popular character.

I too was kind of expecting Carol and Judy to die together,(semi-spoiler for the book) much like the way Lori and Judy died in the book.
Batman25JM

">

Postby Bigtymin504 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:04 am

I both liked and disliked parts of the finale. Personally, I've been ready for some closure to the Governor storyline. I can't say that I'm happy he's alive and could be the antagonist for another season. But I doubt it'll be as simple as the group vs Gov all of next season too. I'm sort of sick of him and would've loved to see him FINALLY get his. I also have a hard time believing Martinez and the other guy would still stick by him after he slaughtered his own people like that.

The developments with Carl were very interesting. He and Rick's relationship is starting to look like Rick and Shane's. Can't really blame him for questioning his dad's decisions, he doesn't exactly have the best track record. Bringing in all these new people could be a very risky/dumb move. One bad egg and the original group is in immediate danger. It might have been the humane thing to do, but might not end up being the smartest. Great to see Tyreese at the prison though.

I had mixed feelings about Andrea. She pissed me off a lot this season, and most of the series actually, but she was part of the original group. I wanted to see her back with them and grow into the great character she is in the comics, but it wasn't meant to be.

I guess now Governor might be one of those characters that comes back way down the road like Merle and Morgan did, which could be cool. But if it were up to me I'd rather they just deal with it very early next season so we can move on to the next big arc.
Bigtymin504

">

Postby K-Nice if ur Nasty » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:11 am

I'd go as far to say that Season 3 did not live up to the expectations of that awesome Season 2 finale. While we got The Prison and The Governor and Michonne...can we really say that we got what we wanted?
K-Nice if ur Nasty

">

Postby Bigtymin504 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:31 am

K-Nice if ur Nasty wrote:I'd go as far to say that Season 3 did not live up to the expectations of that awesome Season 2 finale. While we got The Prison and The Governor and Michonne...can we really say that we got what we wanted?

I've actually heard this a lot tonight, seems like most people were disappointed with the finale. A lot of my friends were. I wouldn't go that far but I do see where the sentiment is coming from. Maybe a nice little tease for next season would've helped.

Right now I have no idea where the story is headed, whereas last season finale I did. I'm sure in the coming months we'll get casting/story rumors about hints of what's to come.
Bigtymin504

">

Postby jaydee74 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:44 am

I'm not sure I can say I didn't get what I wanted. The people of Woodbury left and are now with Rick. The Governor had to hightail it out of there and so it's possible that he could come back and I like that considering that he's a good actor and so we'll see what happens with that. Andrea was a bit of a surprise but seemed to make sense. Milton was a given but I didn't expect it to go down the way it did. That made it pretty awesome. Carl is getting to become a bit like Shane but this was something he went through in the comics as well and I see it as a plot point for the next season. I'll admit though I was hoping to see the Rick/Andrea relationship start up so that's a bit sad. I think we're going to get Darryl and Carol which will be interesting so overall I liked this season and I'm looking forward to the next season.
jaydee74

">

Postby ZombieNightingale » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:44 am

I too had my own mixed views on the last episode. I was pissed the Governor is still alive. I understand other characters being kept alive to come back later in the story but the Governor has been done and told and needs to be put to rest and I personally feel he's one of them. I agree with everyone who thinks that they are just killing off characters based on popular opinion by the fans, which I don't agree with, it needs to be for the story. Yea I didn't like Andrea but toward the end she was starting to come back and maybe they could have saved the character and made her as great as her comic counter part. I also agree that maybe taking the Governor's people could be a bad idea but look at it this way, they are all the old sick and elderly people or the very young children minus Tyreese and Sasha. What are the old people going to do, gum Rick to death? I still don't like that the Governor is alive, but I like having no idea what is going to happen next.
I mean at this point in the comics they were driven from the prison just like they were driven from the farm and they had to find a new place to live. But in the show they are still at the prison. WHAT WILL THEY DO!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :bigeyes:
ZombieNightingale

">

Postby jaydee74 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:24 am

And isn't that really the point? We don't know what's happening. We don't know what's coming next even though in the comics, they are much further ahead. People who haven't died in the comic have. Some died sooner than they were supposed to and others didn't. One of, if not the popular character of the show isn't even in the comic. Potential relationships that we have in the comic won't happen now. Some that never happened have the possibility to come to fruition. (Darryl and Carol maybe?) If the Governor is alive and comes back, he's gonna come back in a way that we've never seen in the comic. I doubt those two guys that he let live will be with him but that's just a guess. I was hoping that next season we would have seen an Andrea that had to work her way back into the group's trust but that's not happening now. However, Carl is going to be interesting to watch and explore. I think he's going to be someone who will be at the center of a lot of the group's problems. Also, by taking in the Woodbury people, you have so much more cannon fodder for next season in a way you haven't had since season one. I'm curious to see what happens with all of these people at the prison although why they didn't go and take Woodbury is beyond me. I'm looking forward to the next season and see Carl's eventual transformation into Shane.
jaydee74

">

Postby Sexton Hardcastle » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:21 pm

I can almost see the Gov. not appearing at all in season 4 until the season finale when he's been forgotten about. Then he shows as part of the cliffhanger and gets everyone worked up again.
Sexton Hardcastle

">

Postby K-Nice if ur Nasty » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:55 pm

That'd be cool, but apparently his deal is as a "full time cast member".
K-Nice if ur Nasty

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:54 am

I liked it. It wasn't what I expected but I kind of had my doubts that it was going to end in a huge battle. I did say in my post after last episode that it was going to be carnage (maybe). I was right on the maybe but it was kind of carnage in a way - just not how I expected. Also, I thought it played out in a way that made sense considering how the Governor had gone into full on psychopath mode - he basically started completely losing the plot 2 episodes ago when Andrea took off so not at all suprised to see him turn on his own people if they didn't do what he wanted.

And here's what I liked - I thought that ending was really touching. Not how I thought the season would end but I really liked that. It was a really good moment and I think after all the crap that's happened to them it was kind of nice to have a moment like that because you know it's not going to last.

The Governor - I don't mind that he's out there and still around. Because these characters haven't gone anywhere it kind of makes it easier for him to give them trouble in the future. If they'd moved on I think that could end that storyline to a degree but given his state of mind he's going to be obsessed with them. I can't see his 2 offsiders sticking with him after what he did. I think they did at the particular moment because they didn't have a lot of choice although I think if either of them had balls or integrity they would have shot and killed him in the middle of what he was doing. They're definitely followers but they did look freaked out.

Andrea - I kind of thought her and Milton's deaths were inevitable. It was just always heading that way for both of them. Maybe they killed her based on what the fans want but I think she was doomed from the moment she hooked up with the Governor and I think her death was always on the cards from the start of the season. So in my view it served the story.

ZombieNightingale wrote:I also agree that maybe taking the Governor's people could be a bad idea but look at it this way, they are all the old sick and elderly people or the very young children minus Tyreese and Sasha. What are the old people going to do, gum Rick to death?

I agree with this. I thought it was a great moment that he took them in and that little turd Carl is wrong (I realise I'm a bit harsh on him considering what's happened to him but I've never found him a particularly likeable kid and now he's a killer). On the downside I think it's more of a risk in that it's just a large amount of people to be looking after.

And, yep, I thought Carol and Judy were goners too. Especially Judy as they have done virtually nothing with that character which I thought put a huge target on her.
Aussiemandias

PreviousNext

Return to Television