The Walking Dead

Couch potatoes unite! Remember LOST!? Tiny Toon!? Three's Company!?
">

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Aussiemandias » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:46 am

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:I've loved the first 2 episodes of the new season. Was great to see some of Michonne's past too.

Absolutely inevitable that Tyreese would be the one to meet up with Carol but that was still a great moment when she came out of the trees with the girls. That older girl's acting has not improved!!! She needs to be killed off and soon!


Yep right there with you, although I loved the 2nd episode back more than the first. Loved Tyreese in this and the Carol moment was awesome. I'm really starting to wonder if she covered for the girl Lizzy, who actually killed those people at the prison. Lizzy is clearly displaying some psychopathic behavior with the bunnies and baby. For those that have read the comics, we might be seeing what happened with those twin boys happen with these girls. :shock:

I enjoyed the Glenn and Maggie stuff too. I like Tara and hope she can make up for being a part of the prison invasion. Was so great to see Abraham and company join the show. Some much needed new blood that hopefully sticks around.

This supposed sanctuary called Terminus has me very intrigued. I guess we know what that cryptic radio signal was all about earlier in the season.

Yes, very intrigued about Terminus.

I'm loving how everyone has been scattered and all the different stories. I think it's been very well done so far especially how some have been interlinked (a couple of groups have been so close!).

I'm such a big fan of the actor playing Tyreese. He's very good. He was one of my favourites in The Wire (and it's pretty cool to have 2 The Wire alumni in the show).
User avatar
Aussiemandias
 
Posts: 3000
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:10 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

">

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Bigtymin504 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:12 pm

Aussiemandias wrote:I'm such a big fan of the actor playing Tyreese. He's very good. He was one of my favourites in The Wire (and it's pretty cool to have 2 The Wire alumni in the show).


He really is. I can't help but wonder how great he'd be as Luke Cage in the upcoming Netflix show. 8-)
Image
User avatar
Bigtymin504
 
Posts: 2480
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:57 pm
Location: New Orleans

">

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Aussiemandias » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:06 am

I'm loving these stories with everyone split up. This latest one with Daryl and Beth I thought was just excellent. I love that they got paired up because they are just such an unexpected couple and they both got to work through some issues they've got. Last week's episode was also really good and the scenes with Rick in the house when those guys came in was incredibly tense.
User avatar
Aussiemandias
 
Posts: 3000
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:10 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

">

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Bigtymin504 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:05 pm

Aussiemandias wrote:I'm loving these stories with everyone split up. This latest one with Daryl and Beth I thought was just excellent. I love that they got paired up because they are just such an unexpected couple and they both got to work through some issues they've got.


I actually really disliked this Daryl-Beth episode. I just don't care about Beth and her dumb search for a drink. To be honest, I was bored and annoyed. And I'm speaking as a big fan of the show.

I understand the need for character development, but it doesn't have to come at the complete expense of plot progression. WD seems to choose one or the other too often. The best shows are able to do both together. I think this episode would've been much better with some flashes of what Tyreese and the gang are up to. IMO, Daryl and Beth together weren't compelling enough to hold their own episode.
Image
User avatar
Bigtymin504
 
Posts: 2480
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:57 pm
Location: New Orleans

">

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby D-Rock » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:17 am

Holy shit! Without too much spoiler.. 2 graves in the beginning, THREE at the end! :bigeyes:

I had to rewatch it a few times, but there's definitely two when first shown, and then three with fresh dirt.
Image
User avatar
D-Rock
 
Posts: 1276
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:39 pm
Location: Connecticut

">

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Aussiemandias » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:31 pm

D-Rock wrote:Holy shit! Without too much spoiler.. 2 graves in the beginning, THREE at the end! :bigeyes:

I had to rewatch it a few times, but there's definitely two when first shown, and then three with fresh dirt.

Ok what did I miss??? I'm not sure what you're referring to. I need to know!!!!

This latest episode was really brutal but I have to say somewhat undone at times by the terrible acting of the kid playing Lizzie. I know I've gone on about this before but she's one of the worst child actors I've seen in a while. They really needed someone good for such a critical role and I feel she just wasn't up to it which took away from the drama a bit. Anyway it was still a great episode and brought a few things to a head. Good to get the mystery of who was feeding rats to the walkers at the prison (and who was responsible for that dissected one that Tyreese found).

Tyreese's reaction at the end was just another reason why I like him more than Rick.
User avatar
Aussiemandias
 
Posts: 3000
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:10 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

">

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby D-Rock » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:53 pm

Aussiemandias wrote:Ok what did I miss??? I'm not sure what you're referring to. I need to know!!!!.


Again, trying not to spoiler just yet, but there were 5 characters in the episode. Tyreese, Carol, the two sisters, and Judith. At the end of the episode, there are 3 fresh graves and only 2 people leaving the house. Now we saw two of those characters die, but how/why is the third dead?! :shocked:
Image
User avatar
D-Rock
 
Posts: 1276
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:39 pm
Location: Connecticut

">

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Bigtymin504 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:53 am

D-Rock wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:Ok what did I miss??? I'm not sure what you're referring to. I need to know!!!!.


Again, trying not to spoiler just yet, but there were 5 characters in the episode. Tyreese, Carol, the two sisters, and Judith. At the end of the episode, there are 3 fresh graves and only 2 people leaving the house. Now we saw two of those characters die, but how/why is the third dead?! :shocked:


***spoilers***

No no Judith was on Tyreese's back in one of those baby Yoda slings! The graves I'm not sure about but I thought there was just one in the beginning then two more for Lizzie and Mika at the end?
Image
User avatar
Bigtymin504
 
Posts: 2480
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:57 pm
Location: New Orleans

">

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Aussiemandias » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:01 am

Bigtymin504 wrote:
D-Rock wrote:
Aussiemandias wrote:Ok what did I miss??? I'm not sure what you're referring to. I need to know!!!!.


Again, trying not to spoiler just yet, but there were 5 characters in the episode. Tyreese, Carol, the two sisters, and Judith. At the end of the episode, there are 3 fresh graves and only 2 people leaving the house. Now we saw two of those characters die, but how/why is the third dead?! :shocked:


***spoilers***

No no Judith was on Tyreese's back in one of those baby Yoda slings! The graves I'm not sure about but I thought there was just one in the beginning then two more for Lizzie and Mika at the end?

Yes, Judith was definitely with Tyreese at the end. There was a fresh grave at the start and I even remember the kids looking at it.
User avatar
Aussiemandias
 
Posts: 3000
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:10 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

">

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Bigtymin504 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:03 am

Aussiemandias wrote:This latest episode was really brutal but I have to say somewhat undone at times by the terrible acting of the kid playing Lizzie. I know I've gone on about this before but she's one of the worst child actors I've seen in a while. They really needed someone good for such a critical role and I feel she just wasn't up to it which took away from the drama a bit. Anyway it was still a great episode and brought a few things to a head. Good to get the mystery of who was feeding rats to the walkers at the prison (and who was responsible for that dissected one that Tyreese found).

Tyreese's reaction at the end was just another reason why I like him more than Rick.


Yeah Lizzie was noticeably bad at parts, it was really annoying. But I loved this episode overall. Talk about dark! I'd mentioned before how I thought they'd use the twin storyline from the comics with these two sisters. I think they adapted it well.

Tyreese was great and so was Carol. Those two are awesome actors! Carol confessing to Tyreese was perfect timing on her part lol. If she had told him a day or two earlier he might have lost his shit. Looks like everyone is on course to Terminus...
Image
User avatar
Bigtymin504
 
Posts: 2480
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:57 pm
Location: New Orleans

">

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby D-Rock » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:39 pm

That's what I thought at first, but I'm telling you, I watched it 5 times.. There's definitely 3 new graves. Two existing with brown dirt and three new with gray dirt. And one of the new graves is very small. I thought Judith was on Tyreese's back too, because it looks like a tiny hood, but then why don't we actually see her (since she's been visible all this time) and why is there and extra grave?

I think they're using the backpack as an out in case there's backlash over killing a baby.

*spoiler*

Judith did die in the comics, so it's not like this would be unheard of
Image
User avatar
D-Rock
 
Posts: 1276
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:39 pm
Location: Connecticut

">

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Aussiemandias » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:38 am

Wish I hadn't read that last bit...


Okay, question for you guys:

If you survived and lived in the Walking Dead world would you rather be with a really big group like at the prison or at Woodbury OR would you rather be with a really small group living in a situation like Tyreese and Carol had in the most recent episode of the tv show (probably you could do without the psycho kid) in small homestead type set up (or even in an urban arrangement but the main point being it's just a couple of you)? I guess a third option is living on your own like Bob was there in his flashback however I just can't see you surviving for long like that.

I see pluses and minuses to both options.

With the big group I think you've got good protection against other humans and generally against the walkers. However with so many people all it takes is one accident or somebody to die without others knowing and it can turn into an absolute disaster when too many people can be turned in a small area where your safe haven turns into a death trap.

With the smaller alternative I think a big problem is other humans. If anyone turns up in numbers you've just got no protection. I think if you're smart you could be vigilant against the walkers but the other humans is probably the biggest danger with this set up.

I think I favour the smaller option however I think you'd really need to be somewhere hidden really well.
User avatar
Aussiemandias
 
Posts: 3000
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:10 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

">

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Dickgrayson007 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:32 pm

So the first thing they see is Denise Crosby at the grill when they get to Terminus. Did anyone think that maybe she was grilling Beth, cause that's the first thought that went through my head?
User avatar
Dickgrayson007
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:39 pm

">

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Bigtymin504 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:40 pm

Aussiemandias wrote:Wish I hadn't read that last bit...


Okay, question for you guys:

If you survived and lived in the Walking Dead world would you rather be with a really big group like at the prison or at Woodbury OR would you rather be with a really small group living in a situation like Tyreese and Carol had in the most recent episode of the tv show (probably you could do without the psycho kid) in small homestead type set up (or even in an urban arrangement but the main point being it's just a couple of you)? I guess a third option is living on your own like Bob was there in his flashback however I just can't see you surviving for long like that.

I see pluses and minuses to both options.

With the big group I think you've got good protection against other humans and generally against the walkers. However with so many people all it takes is one accident or somebody to die without others knowing and it can turn into an absolute disaster when too many people can be turned in a small area where your safe haven turns into a death trap.

With the smaller alternative I think a big problem is other humans. If anyone turns up in numbers you've just got no protection. I think if you're smart you could be vigilant against the walkers but the other humans is probably the biggest danger with this set up.

I think I favour the smaller option however I think you'd really need to be somewhere hidden really well.


Tough call but I'm leaning towards the smaller option like you. While the bigger group could provide for better protection and potentially more resources, I feel like one bad egg could get the whole group killed. There's a lot more potential for some idiot or psycho that you barely know ruining it for everyone.
Image
User avatar
Bigtymin504
 
Posts: 2480
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:57 pm
Location: New Orleans

">

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby D-Rock » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:15 pm

So I'm pretty torn on the finale. The scene between Rick and the scavengers was great, but everything else was ho-hum. Next season looks like it could be cool, but we tend to say that before every season. I think the show is going to have to start doing more to retain its viewers, because right now, I can't see the casual tv fan sticking with it if they keep this pace.

*SPOILERS*



Let's face it, in the comic at least 5 of the current cast members are dead. They could've finished this season with a death
Image
User avatar
D-Rock
 
Posts: 1276
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:39 pm
Location: Connecticut

">

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Dickgrayson007 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:09 pm

I'm pretty sure we will get some deaths next season. I'm not sold that someone dying would have made the finale better, specifically when it seems the residents of Terminus are in fact cannibals they would need to keep their captives alive until they are ready to consume them.
User avatar
Dickgrayson007
 
Posts: 316
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:39 pm

">

Re: The Walking Dead

Postby Bigtymin504 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:44 pm

Now that's the Rick I love to see! The finale was good and I liked the way it ended with the group being reunited...albeit locked up. Terminus is creepier than I thought with that "sacrifice" room or whatever that was. Even more questions left for next season. Hopefully Beth and/or Tyreese and Carol spring them loose somehow.

I think the first half of next season will be a lot of backstory on Terminus and it's major players. I hope they don't drag things out though.
Image
User avatar
Bigtymin504
 
Posts: 2480
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:57 pm
Location: New Orleans

Previous

Return to Television

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron