The Regenerated Doctor who thread...

Couch potatoes unite! Remember LOST!? Tiny Toon!? Three's Company!?
">

Re: The Regenerated Doctor who thread...

Postby supervenom » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:31 pm

loved it. fantastic story. Love the return of Kate Stewart and the Zygons. And now we know why the older Elisabeth I wanted the Doctor's head. John Hurt was fantastic as the War Doctor. Almost as cranky as the 1st Doctor. :D :metal:
supervenom

">

Postby shark6495 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:03 am

Ohhhhhh great point I forgot about that Shakespeare episode where Old Queen Bess wanted his head. No wonder she tracked him down. I liked how this episode really weaved its way through all 50 years of Who history. I dont think it "undid" anything.

I read that some people are claiming that The stasis of Galifrey undid the plotline of the new who. I think it makes sense in the entire canon.
shark6495

">

Postby Dr. Wade McNasty » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:17 pm

For all those that missed it, the Dr. Who Google Doodle game. I have to admit, it's fairly well done. Enjoy.

http://www.google.com/doodles/doctor-wh ... nniversary
Arsenal wrote: That whole fight makes me want to hire Wade to write a rant for me and fill it with .GIFs that show how upset I am with it.
Dr. Wade McNasty

">

Postby Jherek Carnelian » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:14 pm

What a brilliant night. Doctor Who at the cinema in 3D surrounded by a jam packed audience of Whovians. There where a notable number of mini Elevens in tweed jackets and fezzes, some of them incredibly tiny, a Silurian and some other monsters of dubious heritage. The sartorial choice for the more...shall we say... mature fan was the Ecclestone leather coat and v neck. Or the 'divorced dad on the pull' as I like to call it. I think I spotted a Ten and perhaps a Four, certainly there were scarves and hats galore and a selection of sonics were duly waved. The show itself was a very mixed bag of jelly babies. Not sure what the point of the squelchy sucker monsters was other than to provide the 'EEWW' factor for the kids but I'm prepared to let Zygons be Zygons. The Dalek battle scenes on Gallifrey were amazing and made good use of the 3D as did the 'people escaping from paintings' McGuffin. Mr. John Hurt the ACTOR provided some gravitas and totally owned the screen every time he appeared. Billie Piper however was somewhat wasted as the ghost in the machine, seemingly suffering from the same wrong set of teeth she had in the Season Five finale. Matt Smith did his usual stunned giraffe act and the recurring Fez fetish is in danger of becoming tedious but still raised a smile. Tennant seemed to slot back into the role of Ten effortlessly. Not sure about the whole reverse journey in search of Gallifrey that Moffat has set the Doctor on, need to see how that plays out. But the whole thing was saved by the sheer goodwill of the audience, prepared to forgive all plot anomalies and canon busting WTFs and cheer every reference, catchphrase, shoutout and cameo. Speaking of which what else can I say but...TOM BAKER! FANTASTIC!!
Jherek Carnelian

Location: An imaginary tale that may or may not ever have happened

">

Postby jaydee74 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:23 pm

There was so much about celebrating the Doctor Who 50th anniversary that I loved. "An Adventure in Space and Time" was absolutely amazing and I didn't anticipate how emotional it was going to be. I admit to tearing up a bit for the end. "The Day of the Doctor" was fantastic. It hit all of it's marks and they were outstanding. Then as a lucky strike extra, we got "The Five(isn) Doctors Reboot" which was hilarious. I loved it all.
jaydee74

">

Postby supervenom » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:59 pm

The Time of the Doctor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njNnTDiLOd4
looks interesting :D
supervenom

">

Postby shark6495 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:58 pm

Nice way to wrap things up. Interesting way to wrap up all of the last 3 seasons of issues....
shark6495

">

Postby jaydee74 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:30 pm

I liked it a lot. I thought there was a a tad much to cram in and explain but I still enjoyed the heck out of it and I can't wait to see the dynamic between the new Doctor and Clara.
jaydee74

">

Postby shark6495 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:43 pm

SO I have had almost 24 hours to digest and think about last nights episode. SPOILERs to follow :)

Overall I felt it was a better episode than many that have plagued this past season, but to be honest Angels Take Manhatten pulled the heart strings so much more.

Last night, I was ready to be wowed. To be honest, I wish we would have seen more 11 and the people of Christmas interaction than the other stuff. The build up of the nun was very anti-climatic. I felt the random bad guys showing up actually took away more from the story. I thought the idea of 11 growing old and dying was wonderful! But the execution.... eh.

Personally, I was really hoping that 12 would see the hunt for Galifrey. Instead we know they survived almost immediately in last night's episode. I need to go back and rewatch the the season with the crack in the dimension to remember how that all ends, but I honestly thought Moff tried to throw too much nostalgia into the episode than advance the plot.

Amelia and Amy Pond showing up was wonderful. I am looking forward to see what 12 brings to the character. I wish Moff would go back to writing fantastic episodes (some of my favorite early on episodes are written by him) but Moff has a tendency to bring about over-complicated plots.

If you watched last night help me out understand the new "canon"....

In Linearish Timey Wimey Order

8 helped in the time war but never fought.
8 dies and becomes the War Doctor and fights in the time war. Some Daleks escape and are shot out across time and space....
War Doctor does his thing while the High Council uses the Master to bring Galifrey out of the time war. 10 stops this and sends Galifrey back into Time War.
War Doctor goes to end Time War by destroying Galifrey.
War Doctor + 10 + 11 + all other docs end Time War by sending Galifrey somewhere, Daleks destroy themselves.
War Doctor gets in his Box, becomes 9 and meets Rose.
9 + Rose = Bad Wolf
9 is fantastic and turns into 10.
10 + Rose + Jack + Donna + Martha = Love, the Doctor/Donna, Saxon/Master, etc.
10 doesnt want to go but becomes 11.
11 meets the girl who waited... Now it becomes all timey wimey.
**This is where it gets weird thanks to the 50th and last nights Time of the Doctor ep**
Galifrey survives and is attempting to come through a crack in the fabric of space and time.
To keep the Universe from crashing into a Time War, the Papal Mainframe are around to keep the doctor from releasing Galifrey.
A sect of the Papal Mainframe break off and kidnap Amy Pond and steal her daughter.
Melody grows up to kill the doctor. But doesnt really, but sort of does.
Melody becomes River Song and marries the Doctor.
River Dies. the Ponds leave the Doctor is sad.
Doctor meets up with Clara who jumps into the Doctor's time stream and saves all of him?
Clara asks the Time Lords to send some mojo through the reopened crack in the fabric of space and time and give the Doctor a new look on regenerations.
11 grows old and dies. Becomes 12.
12 has new kidneys....

Is that about right?

I wish they did a two parter for his last episode similar to 9 and 10. That way things wouldnt have to be all crammed in...
shark6495

">

Postby Foreigner_Man » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:39 am

^Hey guys! I'm late to the party, but shark, you're dead on!
Foreigner_Man

Previous

Return to Television