Ant-Man

You know... They're like TV, but longer. And generally more finite.
">

Ant-Man

Postby Bigtymin504 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:50 pm

“Ant-Man will kick your ass one inch at a time.”

http://collider.com/comic-con-marvel-ant-man-guardians-galaxy/180531/

They then revealed test footage that Wright shot for Ant-Man, after Wright toyed for a bit with the audience saying they wouldn’t really want to see a clip of stuff with wires and blue screens in it.  It’s completely unfinished since they shot it two weeks ago, but they showed the footage anyway because Marvel absolutely owns Comic-Con.

The footage opened with Ant-Man sitting on a ledge in an air conditioning vent that lead to a hallway guarded by two agents.  The costume was pretty metallic looking, and he snuck through the vent hole and started running down the hallway.  He morphed to normal size, shocking the guards, then morphed back down to ant size and kept running.  Still in “ant size” he leapt up and punched one of the guys in the face, knocking the spit out of him, then he ran and attacked the other guard.

The footage was obviously rough, but I thought the big/small effects worked great.  Wright found a way to make Ant-Man’s power work in a cool and useful way on screen, while still allowing room for the playful tone that he does so well.  The lights then came back up.

“I’ve been doing one second of that for the last six years,” quipped Wright

Wright confirmed that the costume mixing the Silver Age and contemporary Ant-Man, adding “Ant-Man will kick your ass one inch at a time.”

Wright said there’s no casting to announce, but “revealed” that Ant-Man has been here all day, pulling out an Ant-Man title card and putting it on the table next to him.

That sounds awesome!
Last edited by Bigtymin504 on Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bigtymin504

">

Re: Ant-Man

Postby Bigtymin504 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:21 pm

Official release date: 11/06/15
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=68717

I smell an Ultron tease at the end of Avengers 2... ;)

Also, check out this cool recreation of that Comic Con footage!
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-qGJ0tMAxbkk/ant_man_movie_test_footage_storyboard_slideshow/
Bigtymin504

">

Postby Bigtymin504 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:31 pm

Leaked test footage! Watch before it's pulled!

http://www.movieweb.com/news/watch-the-ant-man-concept-teaser-trailer
Bigtymin504

">

Postby Dr. Wade McNasty » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:11 pm

Seems interesting. The flashes of light being used for the size-changes kind of bugs (lol) me but the finished product should be interesting.
Arsenal wrote: That whole fight makes me want to hire Wade to write a rant for me and fill it with .GIFs that show how upset I am with it.
Dr. Wade McNasty

">

Postby Sandman » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:40 pm

the light flashes do not bother me so much i think they need something more visual for the size changes then just here he is now he is not kinda thing. the helmet bothers me more than anything kinda reminds me of a cross between Ultron (which may be on purpose) and the metal men from dr who
Sandman

">

Postby Bigtymin504 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:18 pm

^Agreed. Good thing is this is just test footage. Sure there will be plenty of improvements.

Bigtymin504

">

Postby Dr. Wade McNasty » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:24 pm

Oh indeed, I'm sure they will do something in the finished product. I wonder (very likely probably) if we will get a face cam or if they will change up the helmet a bit since it seems a bit too detached from the person underneath. It feels "soulless" or robotic if that make sense.
Arsenal wrote: That whole fight makes me want to hire Wade to write a rant for me and fill it with .GIFs that show how upset I am with it.
Dr. Wade McNasty

">

Postby Bigtymin504 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:42 pm

Dr. Wade McNasty wrote:Oh indeed, I'm sure they will do something in the finished product. I wonder (very likely probably) if we will get a face cam or if they will change up the helmet a bit since it seems a bit too detached from the person underneath. It feels "soulless" or robotic if that make sense.

Yeah definitely. Some sort of variation of this classic mask would be good.
Bigtymin504

">

Postby Bigtymin504 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:24 am

Bigtymin504

">

Postby Bigtymin504 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:25 am

Michael Douglas is Hank Pym!
http://marvel.com/news/movies/2014/1/13/21746/michael_douglas_to_star_as_hank_pym_in_marvels_ant-man

Michael Douglas has stepped into some of the biggest--or should that be tiniest?--shoes of his career.

The two-time Academy Award-winning actor will join director Edgar Wright and Paul Rudd in Marvel's "Ant-Man," hitting theaters July 31, 2015.

"With Hank Pym's rich history in the Marvel Universe, we knew we needed an actor capable of bringing the weight and stature to the role that the character deserves," said Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige. "We felt incredibly relieved when Michael Douglas agreed to step into the part with the charm and fortitude he brings to every character he inhabits, and couldn't be more excited to see what he will do to bring Hank Pym to life."

The legendary actor, who earned an Academy Award in the category of Best Actor in a Leading Role for his iconic portrayal of Gordon Gecko in "Wall Street," has also starred in numerous modern classics including "Basic Instinct," "Fatal Attraction," "The Game," "Wonder Boys," "Traffic" and many more. In addition to acting, Douglas has also served as Producer and Executive Producer on a number of films including "Romancing the Stone," John Carpenter's "Starman" and "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest," for which he also won an Academy Award for Best Picture. Most recently, Douglas earned a Golden Globe and his first Primetime Emmy Award for his role as legendary entertainer Liberace in the HBO original film "Behind the Candelabra."

Douglas will star as Hank Pym, who first appeared in TALES TO ASTONISH #27 (Jan. 1962), with Rudd starring as Scott Lang in the film.

That's a surprise! A lot of possibilities with an older Pym playing the "mentor" role to Scott Lang...or maybe even antagonist as some people are speculating. Not to mention possibly tying connections back to the WWII era and having Pym work with Howard Stark and SHIELD back in the days. Maybe he created Pym Particles while researching the Super Soldier Serum. Also this confirms Paul Rudd as Scott Lang, which makes a lot of sense.

I wonder what this means for Wasp (assuming she's in it). Will she still be Pym's wife or will she be re-imagined and linked to the younger Lang?
Bigtymin504

">

Postby Batman25JM » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:36 am

I'm a bit bummed that Paul Rudd won't be Pym. I was looking forward to him being science bros with Ruffalo and RDJ.
Batman25JM

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:02 am

I would put money on Pym dying by the end of this.
Aussiemandias

">

Postby Bigtymin504 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:48 pm

Evangeline Lilly in talks for female lead!
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/evangeline-lilly-marvels-ant-man-1201059601/

The question is: will she play Janet Van Dyne, The Wasp? With Michael Douglas playing a much older Hank Pym, it's hard to see her playing his wife. Some speculating Janet could be Pym's daughter and love interest of Paul Rudd's Scott Lang. That could be...weird.

Or maybe she's Jessica Jones, who had a thing with Lang in the comics, setting her up for the upcoming Jessica Jones Netflix show. Never know...
Bigtymin504

">

Postby Bigtymin504 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:12 am

Patrick Wilson in talks
http://www.thewrap.com/patrick-wilson-negotiations-join-paul-rudd-michael-douglas-marvels-ant-man-exclusive/

Young Hank Pym? Villain? Either way, great actor.
Bigtymin504

">

Postby D-Rock » Sat May 24, 2014 6:42 pm

Wright quits as director. I have no expectations for this film, can't say I care

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/05/23/e ... l-ant-man/
D-Rock

">

Postby Bigtymin504 » Wed May 28, 2014 9:35 pm

D-Rock wrote:Wright quits as director. I have no expectations for this film, can't say I care

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/05/23/e ... l-ant-man/

This sucks. Word is that the Disney/Marvel higher ups did a massive script rewrite last minute, so Wright walked. Can't say I blame him considering they hired him to make this HIS movie. What do you expect when you hire Edgar Wright? Granted, he was hired way back in 2006 before Marvel Studios was the juggernaut it is today. Every director today has to know that Marvel Studios must have a good deal of creative control due to the shared MCU.

It's a damn shame really because Wright's Ant-Man could have been incredibly unique. He was the one to convince Marvel to even do it! How do you move on from a director that was attached to a film for 8 years mere weeks before shooting is supposed to start. Which makes me wonder if Marvel might just pull the plug on Ant-Man altogether. Unless we get a director announcement in the next week or so, I just don't see how they expect to pull off the July 2015 release date.

Joe Cornish seems like a logical choice as the replacement. He co-wrote the original script with Wright so he's been involved. Plus everybody loves his film Attack the Block. His friendship with Wright may be the only obstacle. That said, I would not be surprised if Marvel scraps the Ant-Man movie and replaces it with something like Ms. Marvel or Black Panther.
Bigtymin504

">

Postby Bigtymin504 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:25 pm

Cool costume and helmet! Hell yeah they're going full on riding an ant in this movie!
Bigtymin504

">

Postby Bigtymin504 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:22 pm

Teaser trailer: http://youtu.be/xInh3VhAWs8

Official poster:

Promo images:

Yellowjacket:

Hope Van Dyne sporting her mom's Wasp-y hair:
Bigtymin504

Return to Movies