Confessions - Anime & Manga Edition

The South-East Asian culture is here to stay and you can't escape it anymore. Come here to discuss the likes of Death Note and Lone Wolf and Cub.
">

Confessions - Anime & Manga Edition

Postby Dr. Wade McNasty » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:46 pm

The title says it all. I'll start.

1. I've never watched Cowboy Bebop the whole way through. For this reason I don't know all the characters that well. :shock:

2. I've never gotten around to finishing Trigun. This one is particularly bad since I have the theme song as a ringtone. :?

3. I have a bad tendency to not finish anime shows, especially when I know it will get depressing or has a bad end. I've stopped halfway on many fine anime shows because of this and haven't bothered with some. I've only watched 4-5 episodes of Full Metal Alchemist because of this (dude loses his arm and his brother loses his body trying to resurrect their dead mother but it turns out bad? Nope! Too depressing! :D ). :|

4. I've only watched a few episodes of Dragonball in my entire life. I only liked the opening and never cared for the show. To this day I don't get all references from that show and have to look them up. :?

edit: Fixed for embarrassing grammar and overall usage of the English language. Was I sleepy that day or drunk? :?
Last edited by Dr. Wade McNasty on Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arsenal wrote: That whole fight makes me want to hire Wade to write a rant for me and fill it with .GIFs that show how upset I am with it.
Dr. Wade McNasty

">

Re: Confessions - Anime & Manga Edition

Postby Denim » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:58 pm

I love anything Robotech/Macross/Southern Cross/Mospeada related. From the original 3 shows to the english combined series I love it all. The Macross sequals such as Macross 2, Macross Plus, Macross 7, Macross Zero and Macross Frontier all hold a special place in my heart.

From the comics to the music soundtracks, I have it all. I wish I could afford the various model kits and toys that have come out but until I hit the lottery that wont happen.

Robotech is what got me into anime and when I found out its' origins I made a point to watch the originals. There is a lot of debate over which is better and I just say "whatever" to that kind of talk. The originals and the americanized version can be liked equally.

I am also big on Sailor Moon. This is one that I do not care for the americanized version, but the original version is pretty bad ass.

Gantz the anime is friggin awesome.
Denim

">

Postby Dr. Wade McNasty » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:14 pm

Denim wrote:I am also big on Sailor Moon. This is one that I do not care for the americanized version, but the original version is pretty bad ass.

When I was a kid I had a crush on Sailor Mars. I still think this is why I am a leg man. :oops:

Denim wrote:Gantz the anime is friggin awesome.

Indeed it is.
Arsenal wrote: That whole fight makes me want to hire Wade to write a rant for me and fill it with .GIFs that show how upset I am with it.
Dr. Wade McNasty

">

Postby Kupocat » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:40 pm

Dr. Wade McNasty wrote:1. I've never watch Cowboy Bebop the whole way through. For this reason I don't get know all the characters that well. :shock:

I haven't either - you're not alone! :lol: I've caught an episode here and there on Adult Swim, but as much as I liked it, never bothered buying it. I'll watch it one of these days!

Dr. Wade McNasty wrote:2. I've never gotten around to finishing Trigun. This one is particularly bad since I have the theme song as a ringtone. :?

GASP! :o

I love that opening song. :lol:

Denim wrote:I am also big on Sailor Moon. This is one that I do not care for the americanized version, but the original version is pretty bad ass.

God, I haven't watched Sailor Moon in YEAAAARS. Used to love that show. ^_^

Confession: I like Ouran High School Host Club. :oops: My husband and brother make fun of me heartily for it. But I can't help it! I find it amusing. XD
Kupocat

">

Postby Dr. Wade McNasty » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:54 pm

Kupocat wrote:
Confession: I like Ouran High School Host Club. :oops: My husband and brother make fun of me heartily for it. But I can't help it! I find it amusing. XD

It does look interesting. I've been tempted to watch it if only to see why people talk about it so much. :lol:

Another confession: I actually like slice of life anime. Love Hina is one of my favorites. :|
Dr. Wade McNasty

">

Postby Kupocat » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:04 pm

Dr. Wade McNasty wrote:Another confession: I actually like slice of life anime. Love Hina is one of my favorites. :|

:lol: It's one of my favorites too! :D

Confession: I own the box set of Slayers, but have never watched it. :?
Kupocat

">

Postby shining knight » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:47 pm

I still like bleach despite Marty Aizen

I despise Puella Magica Madoka

I like Harem Anime
shining knight

">

Postby Arsenal » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:48 pm

This thread has made me start to re-watch Trigun for like the hundredth time

Sad the Cowboy Bebop isn't on demand
Arsenal

">

Postby alucardbarnivous » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:02 pm

I love Sailor Moon, Please Teacher, Ouran High School Host Club, and Hetalia. Let the judging begin. :lol:

If it's from Shonen Jump, I'll probably love it.
Tomer: Okay, I think I prefer the knowing-all emotionless nerd Jerry Whitworth of WUMB over this horny metal predator...

alucardbarnivous

">

Postby Dr. Wade McNasty » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:17 pm

alucardbarnivous wrote:I love Sailor Moon, Please Teacher, Ouran High School Host Club, and Hetalia. Let the judging begin. :lol:

If it's from Shonen Jump, I'll probably love it.

Please Teacher was one of the anime shows I've watched. I only watched it because I saw an ad for it in the magazine-that-shall-not-be-named (Wizard) and it sounded interesting. It was pretty good. I think it was the first series I finished out because I recall being bewildered that it was done when it was. I wasn't used to shows ending after a certain number of episodes (I'm still not :cry: ).

I like the show Working! but hate the manga. The menu style kills me. :|
Dr. Wade McNasty

">

Postby Z-R0E » Mon May 13, 2013 12:09 am

shining knight wrote:I still like bleach despite Marty Aizen

I despise Puella Magica Madoka

I like Harem Anime

I second all of these (though maybe "don't care about Madoka" would be a little more accurate).

SisCon shows can be pretty amusing, and OniiAi was kind of amazing.
Z-R0E

Return to Manga and Anime