Batman

Eternal Crisis of the Pantsless Superheroes. Like them or hate, crises are a big part of the DCU. You can discuss them alongside books like Secret Six and other events like Green Lantern: Blackest Night.
">

Re: Batman

Postby jaydee74 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:57 am

Depending on what happens to Damian down the road, I will be dropping one of these books. Batman and Robin or Batman. Not sure which one yet. Might wind up doing both but I just want to see where this stuff goes. for now.
jaydee74

">

Postby jaydee74 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:13 am

Batman #18
This was good. I like Harper quite a bit and I'm curious to see where Snyder goes with her. I hope it won't be as simple as she'll be the next Robin because that would just be too predictable but I hope she sticks around in some capacity.
jaydee74

">

Postby Arsenal » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:02 am

I want her to become an Oracle type character. I do not want her to be Robin, mostly because after this last issue it seems like Snyder made her for just that reason. Honestly I don't want there to be a new Robin for a while if ever. Wait a year or two, then maybe have a new Robin, or even better, bring Damien back, clone (we know they exist of him) or just Lazarus pitted up.

I hated Damien at first, hated this little shit would love to have seen him get killed, but by the time Morrison left Batman and Robin pre new 52 I started to like him, and by his death I really liked him.

As for this issue I thought it was good showing that when Bruce is mad he doesn't think and ends up getting hurt, I do like seeing him beat down the street level guys to that extent because it does work to put the fear in people. As for Harper she is a decent character but she seems way too much like a Tim Drake rip off, with a Jason backstory.
Arsenal

">

Postby jaydee74 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:50 am

You know, until you said that, I didn't even think of that. She is a cross between Jason and Tim. Actually, she's also like Stephanie considering her father is a criminal as well. I'll be curious to see where she ends up. I could see her sort of like an Oracle/Harold who could get him intel and possibly fix gadgets and stuff. Could be interesting.
jaydee74

">

Postby Strider » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:34 pm

Batman #28 was excellent. I can't wait for Batman: Eternal.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.

And either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives
Strider

">

Postby Batman25JM » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:48 pm

Batman #28 was the first issue of the book that I've truly been excited for since just after the New 52 debuted. Having Dustin Nguyen on art helped make it feel like pre-New 52 Batman, and I'm all for that. And I am so jazzed for the return of Stephanie Brown.
Batman25JM

Previous

Return to DC