Batman

Eternal Crisis of the Pantsless Superheroes. Like them or hate, crises are a big part of the DCU. You can discuss them alongside books like Secret Six and other events like Green Lantern: Blackest Night.
">

Re: Batman

Postby Aussiemandias » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:31 am

Batman25JM wrote:First of all, they said when the New 52 launched that Batman had been operating for 10 years, but in this we see that he's only been Batman for 6 years max.

It's less than 6 years. In this story he's not Batman yet, so it's somewhere between 5 and 6 years. I totally agree that it doesn't seem like enough time - they're trying to squeeze too much into that timeframe.

I liked the issue and Capullo's art was great as always (although his younger version of Jim Gordon looked a bit funny) but I have to admit that my interest in this title is starting to waver a bit. And the backup - I'm starting to think I may not like James Tynion's writing. I've locked into getting Talon so hopefully I'm wrong about that - to be fair he's only been given little short stories so far.
Aussiemandias

">

Postby jaydee74 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:43 am

It seems to me that none of the Robins (or Red Robin) was under the tutelage of Batman for very long. I just don't understand how this all fits.
jaydee74

">

Postby Arsenal » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:10 pm

Just read #13 (really fast so I know I missed some)

But man it looks like a good Joker story is starting here. Too bad Joker didn't make Harley put on some normal clothing before leaving the house....I mean yeah she puts on a Tux but man her outfit is awful.

Now this book had a lit going on, all of it good, and I liked that the Joker's plan is to take away Batman's support system to make him more fun. Very good stuff. But why did he go after Alfred at the end there? Does he know who Batman is? Is this really the Joker? Wouldn't that be a twist if it wasn't the Joker.

There was nothing bad about this issue, I loved it, and can not wait to see the entire story.

This was also the first Batman book I got that didn't have the combo pack, because I wanted the awesome die cut cover.
Arsenal

">

Postby jaydee74 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:21 pm

Batman #13
This was a strong first part of this story. The ending was crazy and it brings up so many questions. The back-up story was just outstanding. Loved this.
jaydee74

">

Postby Batman25JM » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:35 pm

I don't have much to say about #13 other than it was really good. The last page terrifies me. They better not kill Alfred.

I enjoyed seeing Jock back on a Batman book.
Batman25JM

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:26 am

I didn't mind #13 but I had a couple of slight issues with it. One, in particular, was the Joker breaking all those cops' necks. What the hell? Is he Superman? And then the way Batman got hit by that giant hammer - that just seemed a bit too simple for him to fall for to me.

Art was terrific as always.
Aussiemandias

">

Postby jaydee74 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:28 am

I don't think he's Superman but he could be strong enough and knowledgeable enough to break someone's neck. He's had a year to prepare and train and we honestly don't know how strong the Joker is. Maybe not Superman strong but strong enough.
jaydee74

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:01 pm

jaydee74 wrote:I don't think he's Superman but he could be strong enough and knowledgeable enough to break someone's neck. He's had a year to prepare and train and we honestly don't know how strong the Joker is. Maybe not Superman strong but strong enough.

So, the lights are off and suddenly all those cops are incapable of defending themselves against a guy breaking their necks with his bare hands. My suspension of belief does struggle with this one. The only explanation is that the Joker has superhuman strength. Personally, I would be more accepting of it if he knifed them all.
Aussiemandias

">

Postby jaydee74 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:32 am

Well, I can see your point but that scene was more or less showing how dangerous the Joker is and just how afraid people are of the Joker. When the lights went out, it became chaos and maybe the cops weren't thinking as clearly as they should have.
jaydee74

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:16 am

Batman #14

I didn't mind this issue. Joker revisiting the old crimes is an interesting touch. I sort of can't shake this feeling I've seen some of this before though (and it's not just Joker's old crimes). I do like that Joker really pushes Batman's buttons - it kind of explains why he's recklessly run into Joker's traps twice in a row now.

The back-up story was very interesting as I think it would make sense if Penguin's been helping Joker (providing him some resources in particular).
Last edited by Aussiemandias on Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aussiemandias

">

Postby jaydee74 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:19 pm

This issue was great. I loved how Joker just screws with Batman's head. I wonder if he really did do the thing he said he did to a certain supporting character or if he is again just screwing with Batman.
jaydee74

">

Postby Batman25JM » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:50 pm

Batman #14

I liked this fine.

I too feel like I've seen the whole "visiting past crimes" thing done before. In fact, I feel like I've seen it a few times. It's not a complaint because I think it's interesting, it's just an observation.

I do think it was a nice touch that the stereo that Bruce listened to the tape on resembled the Joker.

I really hate the Joker's new look. I think it looks awful.

I've said this before, and I really hate being that guy, but my enjoyment of this book continues to be hindered by the stink that is the New 52. I don't want that to be the case, but the reboot has really tainted everything for me.

Jock's art on the backup rocked!
Batman25JM

">

Postby jaydee74 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:11 pm

I don't mind the past crimes thing because I find it interesting but I do agree that I've seen it before. I don't care one way or the other about whether this is the new 52 or not. I just don't care anymore. I read the stories I like and this has me coming back for more.
jaydee74

">

Postby ZombieNightingale » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:06 am

I've been loving the story Snyder has been telling. I have been reading the Batman The Dark Knight and I am not liking that there isn't really much of any story. But this Batman comic is great! The court of owls line was good and I've only read up to issue 13 and I like the introduction into the death of the family.
ZombieNightingale

">

Postby aleams » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:16 am

Batman25JM wrote:Batman #14

I don't think the Joker would take offense to that. In fact, he might be glad to hear that.

It's supposed to look awful. It perfectly reflects the balance between Snyder and Capullo's dark/creepy storytelling.
- Andrew L.

NEVER FORGET
aleams

">

Postby Batman25JM » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:32 pm

aleams wrote:

I don't think the Joker would take offense to that. In fact, he might be glad to hear that.

It's supposed to look awful. It perfectly reflects the balance between Snyder and Capullo's dark/creepy storytelling.

I know it's not supposed to look good, but I flat out hate it. I just think it's drawn badly I guess.
Batman25JM

">

Postby Rath99 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:57 pm

Batman25JM wrote:
aleams wrote:

I know it's not supposed to look good, but I flat out hate it. I just think it's drawn badly I guess.

Nothing Capullo draws is drawn badly!! YOU WATCH YOUR WHORE MOUTH JM!!!

;)
Rath99

">

Postby Batman25JM » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:51 pm

Rath99 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:

;)

You go get a ladder and then say that to my face!! :)
Batman25JM

">

Postby Arsenal » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:38 pm

Batman25JM wrote:
Rath99 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:

;)

I'm with Tito on this one

I get that the look is different but I think it looks great.
Arsenal

">

Postby jaydee74 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:18 pm

Can someone take a picture of Tito climbing a ladder to get face-to-face with John Michael. You're going to need a big ass ladder. Just saying cause John MIchael is so tall and Tito is just a tad bigger than a smurf. :D

Having said all of that, I tend to agree with the pro Joker art. It's freaky and scary and it's different and if the new 52 has taught me anything is that everything has to be tweaked.
jaydee74

">

Postby Batman25JM » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:12 pm

Let me amend my statement because I do think Capullo is a great artist, and I do really enjoy his art. I'll just say that I hate the new Joker design itself but I still think for what it is, it is drawn well.

jaydee74 wrote:Can someone take a picture of Tito climbing a ladder to get face-to-face with John Michael. You're going to need a big ass ladder. Just saying cause John MIchael is so tall and Tito is just a tad bigger than a smurf. :D

Oh my god!! At C2E2 2013 we totally need to get a ladder and take a picture of Tito and I face to face.
Batman25JM

">

Postby jaydee74 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:59 am

I get why you don't like the new look. I don't hate it. My problem mostly stems from the fact that it seems that everything about the new 52 has to be tweaked to make it new. We get it and not everything has to be tweaked or changed but I have come to be used to it. It's fine and I like the Joker look more than other changes.

I so want to see that picture as well.
jaydee74

">

Postby Rath99 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:18 am

Batman25JM wrote:
Rath99 wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:

;)

As soon as I find a 10 foot ladder I WILL!! :)
Rath99

">

Postby jaydee74 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:22 pm

Use Mahoney as a ladder.
jaydee74

">

Postby Rath99 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:59 pm

jaydee74 wrote:Use Mahoney as a ladder.

I LIKE IT!!
Rath99