Aquaman

Eternal Crisis of the Pantsless Superheroes. Like them or hate, crises are a big part of the DCU. You can discuss them alongside books like Secret Six and other events like Green Lantern: Blackest Night.
">

Re: Aquaman

Postby Batman25JM » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:42 pm

^It was weird that Orm was plastered on the cover but only in shadows in the actual issue.

Aquaman #15

Loved it. This issue and JL #15 were both great. I can't wait to see this crossover play out.
Batman25JM

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:06 pm

Aquaman #15

Yep, good continuation of the JL story. I thought the big 3 were a bit quick to but in on Aquaman when he was trying to reason with his brother. That really did come off a little obnoxious to me. It would be a hard team to be a member of with those three around - hard not for everyone else to feel like a second stringer or a support act to them.

I've seen Paul Pelletier's art look better than this (not that it looked too bad). I think he might work better with a different inker (although Art Thibert is usually very good).
Aussiemandias

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:01 pm

Aquaman #16

I did not see that coming. I really did think Orm was behind all of this so the revelation about Vulko was a complete surprise to me. Good stuff! Interesting to see where all this goes.
Aussiemandias

">

Postby Batman25JM » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:32 am

Aquaman #16

Another VERY enjoyable issue. I too was surprised. While I didn't think Orm was behind it, I didn't suspect Vulko at all. Well played, Mr. Johns.
Batman25JM

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:45 am

Aquaman #17

Amanda Waller asked Aquaman a really interesting question this issue - who are you fighting for? I think this is such a great aspect of this book. Arthur is such a torn character and I really don't think he knows where he belongs. Johns has really grabbed onto Arthur's heritage of not really belonging to either world of his parents and made it such a great premise for the character. Have to admit it really does seem like a complete no win situation for him. Looks like his only friends are the fish! :(
Aussiemandias

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:55 am

Aquaman #18

I really like how Johns has been pacing this book. First we learned about Arthur's current status, then about some of his past and now we're going to learn a whole lot more about Atlantis. I though this was an interesting issue obviously getting things set up for the next big storyline. I was surprised at the end when this new character showed some sort of link to Mera.
Aussiemandias

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Sun May 05, 2013 5:32 pm

Aquaman #19

This just continues to be a really good comic. Johns seems to have quite a few storylines on the go at the moment and I'm liking that approach. Paul Pelletier's doing a great job on the art and I'm loving all these new characters being introduced (Mera's husband!!! Oh oh!). And next issue...The Others are back!
Aussiemandias

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Thu May 30, 2013 5:08 am

Aquaman #20

I like The Others but this issue was a little ho hum. No offence to John Ostrander, who I think is a good writer, but it's pretty difficult just to come in for one issue like that. It was funny too because the penciller, Manuel Garcia, has been doing fantastic work over on Bloodshot but this didn't look anywhere near that quality so I wonder if this was all hastily put together. Anyway, it wasn't bad but just not up to the usual standard of this book.
Aussiemandias

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:01 am

Aquaman #21

This just continues to be a very good comic book. I think it's been great since we started learning more about Atlantis and now the Bermuda Triangle also. Good stuff!
Aussiemandias

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:08 pm

Aquaman #22

While this series is always good, I thought this was the best issue in ages. All sorts of stuff going on and none of it good for Aquaman! Paul Pelletier is also doing a great job on the art.
Aussiemandias

Previous

Return to DC