Forever Evil

Eternal Crisis of the Pantsless Superheroes. Like them or hate, crises are a big part of the DCU. You can discuss them alongside books like Secret Six and other events like Green Lantern: Blackest Night.
">

Forever Evil

Postby Bigtymin504 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:36 am

Bigtymin504

">

Re: Forever Evil

Postby Bigtymin504 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:48 am

Forever Evil #1

I liked this. Will be interesting to see how long before the heroes show up. For now it looks like Lex will be our de facto hero, which is fine by me. Ultraman is scary. Snorting powdered Kryptonite? :shock:

But the best part was when Monocle (really? Heh) spoke up. I pretty much knew what was coming when I saw him get a line. :lol:
Bigtymin504

">

Postby Arsenal » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:22 pm

It was cool. And will be interesting. But why is Ultraman. Backwards? The sun hurts and krytonite helps? But he has the same powers? That's a half bizzaro. Plus if he went to space to move the moon to block the sun then he'd be getting the full blast from the sun. Logic not computing.
Arsenal

">

Postby jaydee74 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:51 pm

I thought it was very interesting. Not what I thought at all so that's something.
jaydee74

">

Postby prescribeddrone » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:07 pm

I didn't follow DC besides Batman Inc and Batman upto Year Zero.. dropped Batman don't care about more origins but this was awesome and I had no clue that there was even a big DC event, which I'm assuming it is?

Flipping though this snorting powdered Kryptonite and Owlman/the Nightwing thing sold me
prescribeddrone

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:54 am

Arsenal wrote:It was cool. And will be interesting. But why is Ultraman. Backwards? The sun hurts and krytonite helps? But he has the same powers? That's a half bizzaro. Plus if he went to space to move the moon to block the sun then he'd be getting the full blast from the sun. Logic not computing.

Not just that but moving the moon would create a massive impact on Earth. Maybe it does and we haven't seen it yet.

Bigtymin504 wrote:Forever Evil #1

I liked this. Will be interesting to see how long before the heroes show up. For now it looks like Lex will be our de facto hero, which is fine by me. Ultraman is scary. Snorting powdered Kryptonite? :shock:

But the best part was when Monocle (really? Heh) spoke up. I pretty much knew what was coming when I saw him get a line. :lol:

Yeah, Monocle's death was telegraphed but still funny all the same.

I must admit I kind of liked it too (although there are times that Geoff Johns really writes bad dialogue) and it has staved off my dropping of all new 52 books (with the exception of Wonder Woman and Aquaman) for now. So, I wonder where the heroes actually are? Obviously they're not dead but what has been done with them?
Aussiemandias

">

Postby jaydee74 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:21 pm

I'm most interested in seeing what happens with Nightwing after all this is over. Wow.
jaydee74

">

Postby Arsenal » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:37 pm

jaydee74 wrote:I'm most interested in seeing what happens with Nightwing after all this is over. Wow.

Poor Dick, he will always be Robin the Boy Hostage. I'm thinking he will go public at the end and be celebrated for it. That or Bruce breaks out a Bat Mind erase ray so no one traces it back to him.
Arsenal

">

Postby jaydee74 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:21 pm

See, that's another thing. How can you know that Dick is Nightwing and not even consider the possibility that Bruce Wayne is Batman? The two characters are connected publicly, right? Although a public Nightwing could be interesting but I've always thought those types of characters work better with a secret identity. Someone like Wally West can get away with it. Same thing with John Stewart of Guy Gardner but Nightwing is kind of different so I'm curious.
jaydee74

">

Postby Arsenal » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:07 pm

They can say that him being fostered by Bruce is part of the Batman Inc.
Arsenal

">

Postby rwe1138 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:32 pm

Aussiemandias wrote:So, I wonder where the heroes actually are? Obviously they're not dead but what has been done with them?

I'm guessing everyone but Constantine got stranded on Earth-3. J'onn and Stargirl will escape over in JLoA, the rest in the mini.

Speaking of mysteries, who do we think the Crime Syndicate's "prisoner" is? My first thought was Earth-3's Alexander Luthor, but that's a bit predicable.
Robert Eddleman
rwe1138

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:13 pm

rwe1138 wrote:Speaking of mysteries, who do we think the Crime Syndicate's "prisoner" is? My first thought was Earth-3's Alexander Luthor, but that's a bit predicable.

That's exactly who I thought also. Maybe the Earth-3 Joker? Whoever it is, they look to be a slim shape.
Aussiemandias

">

Postby jaydee74 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:27 pm

Arsenal wrote:They can say that him being fostered by Bruce is part of the Batman Inc.

I guess that makes sense. I am so intrigued to see Nightwing confront Tony Zucco.
jaydee74

">

Postby Batman25JM » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:16 pm

I was extremely disappointed in Trinity War, but I liked the first issue of Forever Evil quite a bit. Sure, there were some things that irked me like Wonder Girl calling Tim "Robin" or the fact that they call it the Secret Society yet they are broadcasting this on TV, but overall it was enjoyable. I don't like David Finch's art as much as I used to, but it was decent here. I look forward to seeing where this goes.

Aussiemandias wrote:
rwe1138 wrote:Speaking of mysteries, who do we think the Crime Syndicate's "prisoner" is? My first thought was Earth-3's Alexander Luthor, but that's a bit predicable.

That's exactly who I thought also. Maybe the Earth-3 Joker? Whoever it is, they look to be a slim shape.

I also immediately thought it was Alexander Luther. My second guess was Earth-3 Joker (Jokester) as well.

Arsenal wrote:They can say that him being fostered by Bruce is part of the Batman Inc.

That is true, but it is still yet another thing that should make it easier for people to figure out Bruce is Batman.
Batman25JM

">

Postby Arsenal » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:55 pm

Batman25JM wrote:
That is true, but it is still yet another thing that should make it easier for people to figure out Bruce is Batman.

This is a universe that can't figure out Superman is Clark Kent, why would anyone draw the line between Ripped billionaire cames back from who knows where, the same time vigilante who uses all these expensive gadgets shows up. The people of the DC universe are a very stupid group of people.

Also everyones parents are dead. Every superheroes parents if not race are dead.
Arsenal

">

Postby Rath99 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:29 pm

Arsenal wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:

This is a universe that can't figure out Superman is Clark Kent, why would anyone draw the line between Ripped billionaire cames back from who knows where, the same time vigilante who uses all these expensive gadgets shows up. The people of the DC universe are a very stupid group of people.

:lol:

Very Very true. Real world logic and comics don't mix very well
Rath99

">

Postby Arsenal » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:35 pm

I have been picking a choosing on the villian books thi smonth, skipped most but I have gotten a few.

Doomsday #1- I love the new Superman/Batman but this book was just meh, I don't care about Doomsday recking shit on Krypton back in the day. It has nothing to do with earth or Forever Evil

Black Adam- So good, loved how he came back and him basically retaking the country. I always liked Black Adam and I like that he is going to go against the Crime Syndicate because he doesn't deal with tyrants.

The Rogues- I would read a monthly staring them. Loved it.

Gorilla Grodd- It was fine tying into the Flash comic but overall I wasn't a fan

Reverse Flash- I like where they are going with him but he is another new52 change that shouldn't have happened.

Count Verdigo- Might be the best I read, great back story for him. Was just an amazing read.
Arsenal

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:46 am

Arsenal wrote:I have been picking a choosing on the villian books thi smonth, skipped most but I have gotten a few.

Doomsday #1- I love the new Superman/Batman but this book was just meh, I don't care about Doomsday recking shit on Krypton back in the day. It has nothing to do with earth or Forever Evil

Black Adam- So good, loved how he came back and him basically retaking the country. I always liked Black Adam and I like that he is going to go against the Crime Syndicate because he doesn't deal with tyrants.

The Rogues- I would read a monthly staring them. Loved it.

Gorilla Grodd- It was fine tying into the Flash comic but overall I wasn't a fan

Reverse Flash- I like where they are going with him but he is another new52 change that shouldn't have happened.

Count Verdigo- Might be the best I read, great back story for him. Was just an amazing read.

I've been doing the same. I will say that the covers have looked fantastic. I know it's a gimmick but it actually does look pretty cool.

Deadshot - it was okay but nothing special. I liked this character way more pre-New 52 (actually that goes for lots of characters).

Black Manta - I actually thought this was pretty good and explains why he'll go against the Crime Syndicate.
Aussiemandias

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:02 pm

First Born (Wonder Woman) - I thought this was excellent. Really added to the story of this character in the Wonder Woman book. And the cover was one of the best!
Aussiemandias

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:46 pm

Secret Society - I thought this was terrible. It should have been called Owlman and the Outsider because that's what it was about. And it annoyingly hinted at stuff but never really told you anything which matched the murky art.

Ocean Master - Predictable.

Black Adam - Once again, I thought this was pretty ordinary. And, also once again, I thought the pre-New 52 Black Adam was much more interesting.

So, just like zero month a little while back I feel that the event month was mostly a dud from the issues I got. Most of the writing is handed over to second string writers and I think this whole thing becomes like a month of fill-in issues. Sigh.
Aussiemandias

">

Postby Arsenal » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:37 pm

Black Adam was much better pre- New52. But out of this whole mess of a month (and Forever Evil as a whole is crap) Black Adam was one of the better books.
Arsenal

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:28 pm

Forever Evil #2

I liked it again with an exception - not a fan of one dimensional villains that are "evil" without any real reason or depth and there's possibly a little too much of that with a couple of the Crime Syndicate characters however they're not all like that which I appreciate. The story overall is definitely intriguing and I was not expecting Batman and Catwoman to turn up on that last page. Super keen to find out what has happened to the Justice Leagues.
Aussiemandias

">

Postby Batman25JM » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:08 am

Forever Evil #2

I liked this issue. There's an excitement with this event that I haven't felt since Blackest Night. I really don't know what is going to happen and that is awesome.

Batman and Catwoman showing up was very unexpected. We had seen Batman in promo art, but I had seen a lot of people assuming it was someone other than Bruce.

They would obviously never do it, but I think it would be cool if all the other Leaguers were really dead and it was just Batman left for real. I know they've done that in alternate reality stories, but still. You know, now would be a perfect time for Batman to form the Outsiders.

I do still have a problem with the fact that characters are calling Tim "Robin" instead of "Red Robin." They went through all the trouble of retconning it so he was never Robin so what the hell, DC?!
Batman25JM

">

Postby rwe1138 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:33 am

Batman25JM wrote:I do still have a problem with the fact that characters are calling Tim "Robin" instead of "Red Robin." They went through all the trouble of retconning it so he was never Robin so what the hell, DC?!

Duh, it's written by Johns. He has free reign to ignore what other writers are currently doing if he wants. See also: Wonder Woman. (I'm only partially kidding.)

I did like the Otis bit. "Look, Geoff's bringing in another Donner element. I wonder what part he'll play in the grand scheme of-- oh, nevermind."
Robert Eddleman
rwe1138

">

Postby jaydee74 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:15 pm

Is Tim going to be Robin now? Maybe he'll take out the "Red" out out of his name. Maybe he'll be in Batman and Robin.
jaydee74

Next

Return to DC