Trinity War

Eternal Crisis of the Pantsless Superheroes. Like them or hate, crises are a big part of the DCU. You can discuss them alongside books like Secret Six and other events like Green Lantern: Blackest Night.
">

Trinity War

Postby Bigtymin504 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:37 pm

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2013/04/07/justice-league-trinity-war/2050575/

This summer, DC Comics' signature supergroups enter into a combustible situation when a hero's death causes sparks to fly — and not in a good way — among the three teams in the crossover event "Trinity War," which runs six issues over three different Justice League comic books in July and August.

The action starts in issue 22 of Justice League, the title by writer Geoff Johns and artists Ivan Reis and Joe Prado and featuring A-list heroes such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and The Flash.

For "Trinity War," Johns and Jeff Lemire are co-writing Justice League of America (with art by Doug Mahnke), starring Green Arrow, Martian Manhunter, Catwoman and others as part of a government-sponsored outfit to hunt down the Secret Society of Supervillains but also take out the Justice League if the need arises.

Lemire also pens the third comic in the crossover, Justice League Dark (with artist Mikel Janin), which features a motley crew of DC Comics' more interesting supernatural types, including the ghostly Deadman, magician Zatanna and their con-man leader, John Constantine.

The central mystery, conflicts between the teams and assorted plot points of "Trinity War" are all part of one big impending danger that is approaching the DC Universe, says Johns.

"It's not going to end wrapped up in a bow," he says. "Something really, really major happens that kicks off some pretty crazy stuff at the end of August."
Bigtymin504

">

Re: Trinity War

Postby Dr. Wade McNasty » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:57 pm

What I'd like to see: A cool event on par in scale with the crisis events in the past that merges the best concepts from pre and post reboot while allowing the universe of the previous reboot to exist again so as to deal with all the continuity issues.

What we will probably get: Heroes fighting heroes because that sells apparently, no matter the form, no matter how silly the reason, no matter how bad the art is, no matter how bad the writing is, no matter how convoluted the plot is, no matter what. If they go this route, I do hope they just scribble shit and add word balloons so when people do eat it up, at least they can realize there is no point in trying. Then again maybe I'm just being cynical, or maybe an optimist given that I think it will still sell.....
Arsenal wrote: That whole fight makes me want to hire Wade to write a rant for me and fill it with .GIFs that show how upset I am with it.
Dr. Wade McNasty

">

Postby jaydee74 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:42 am

Well. I don't read any of those books so I guess I'm going to wait on the trade on it. I like the concept but not enough to pay $3.99 for the books. As for the trade? Maybe.
jaydee74

">

Postby aleams » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:24 am

I'm really bummed out because I had the entire plot figured out and I knew exactly what they were trying to do and what they would do next... Then I forgot.

What I do remember from my epiphany though was that she opened whatever was in the box and it pissed off the high wizard council (or whoever they are). I also remember how she somehow was able to edit/merge universes during Flashpoint. What if that was what was inside Pandora's box? What if the evil she unleashed was the distorted timeline that resulted? Things happening that aren't supposed to be happening (i.e. Superman and Wonder Woman among other things). What if Booster Gold was erased not because it deleted his future, but because time is trying to correct itself?

ANYWAY, this will be a Justice League war until Darkseid's daughter is revealed... (My theory - Zola's baby... THINK ABOUT IT.) Pandora opens the box of sin which will somehow lead into Villains Month in September. This will lead to the fight for the soul of Darkseid's daughter. (She will end up being left with Orion and the New Gods to be raised.)

My point being that this is not the event that made Pandora mess with the DCU. Trinity War is only the distraction (i.e. Marvel's Civil War) and the greater threat is on the horizon (post-Trinity War). So we still won't have our answer story-wise as to why this universe had to be created. Two years later.

BRIGHT SIDE- Because we haven't followed Pandora to see what made her change everything, that means it can be rewritten. It also means that if she changed it then she has to be aware of Pre-Flashpoint.
- Andrew L.

NEVER FORGET
aleams

Return to DC