Batman & Robin

Eternal Crisis of the Pantsless Superheroes. Like them or hate, crises are a big part of the DCU. You can discuss them alongside books like Secret Six and other events like Green Lantern: Blackest Night.
">

Re: Batman & Robin

Postby Arsenal » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:49 am

jaydee74 wrote:And so my question becomes, what the heck happens to this book with that bit of information?

Tim Drake goes back to being Robin? Maybe Stephanie shows up? It is hard to tell.
Arsenal

">

Postby Batman25JM » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:59 am

The former Robins will rotate as guest stars, at least for now. Tim will be in issue #19 and Jason in #20.
Batman25JM

">

Postby jaydee74 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:45 pm

Batman25JM wrote:The former Robins will rotate as guest stars, at least for now. Tim will be in issue #19 and Jason in #20.

Is that really how they are going to do it? Not a fan. It's called Batman & ROBIN. Not Batman and the artist formerly known as Robin. Meh. Kind of crap to me and it just seems that they should cancel the book. No need for this book.
jaydee74

">

Postby jaydee74 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:25 pm

:redface: DAMMIT DC!
jaydee74

">

Postby Dr. Wade McNasty » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:28 pm

I stop reading comics and this happens? I heard about this but thought it was all a ruse. I can see now it wasn't. :soapbox:
Arsenal wrote: That whole fight makes me want to hire Wade to write a rant for me and fill it with .GIFs that show how upset I am with it.
Dr. Wade McNasty

">

Postby jaydee74 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:39 am

Yeah. Sucks. GRRR! Oh, Wade. That picture you have in your signature. Is that Green Arrow hauling Red Arrow in a net? What the hell is that from?
jaydee74

">

Postby Arsenal » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:29 pm

jaydee74 wrote:Yeah. Sucks. GRRR! Oh, Wade. That picture you have in your signature. Is that Green Arrow hauling Red Arrow in a net? What the hell is that from?

It is Green Arrow hauling Harley Quinn, it's from the Injustice Gods Among Us tie in comic for the game, it is surprisingly good and is building a cool story for the game.
Arsenal

">

Postby Dickgrayson007 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:23 pm

jaydee74 wrote::redface: DAMMIT DC!

exactly!! just seems like a bad move. I don't see them bringing him back since it was done before.
Dickgrayson007

">

Postby aleams » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:34 pm

Perhaps I'm the only one who is trying to look on the bright side here, but I think this is kind of cool. All of these old Robin's who haven't worked side by side with Batman in a while getting to. They get to briefly relive their old lives. Really cool story wise.
- Andrew L.

NEVER FORGET
aleams

">

Postby Dr. Wade McNasty » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:29 pm

Arsenal wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:Yeah. Sucks. GRRR! Oh, Wade. That picture you have in your signature. Is that Green Arrow hauling Red Arrow in a net? What the hell is that from?

It is Green Arrow hauling Harley Quinn, it's from the Injustice Gods Among Us tie in comic for the game, it is surprisingly good and is building a cool story for the game.

Indeed. Injustice: Gods Among Us #5. The comic series, in many ways, is written better than some of the regular comics (which is funny because the comic series for dcuo was also pretty good as well - I think DC should hire those guys). I think the approach these guys take (they treat the comic as a comic) helps things. This issue was the best one though. After this issue I can't help but think Harley and Green Arrow were made for each other. She'd make a nice foil or even something of a sometimes nemesis/sometimes ally type character for him. It's a shame regular comics aren't like that.
Arsenal wrote: That whole fight makes me want to hire Wade to write a rant for me and fill it with .GIFs that show how upset I am with it.
Dr. Wade McNasty

">

Postby jaydee74 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:48 am

Ah. Thanks for the info. I had skimmed the first two issues of that. The game looks so amazing.
jaydee74

">

Postby Batman25JM » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:00 pm

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=44075

So, the book will now be renamed Batman And... and will feature rotating guest stars. Here's the list of guest stars so far.

#19 — Batman and Red Robin
#20 — Batman and Red Hood
#21 — Batman and Batgirl
#22 — Batman and Catwoman
#23 — Batman and Nightwing

I think this is kinda stupid, honestly. I think the book should just be cancelled and a new Red Robin ongoing should be started. Or a book staring the remaining Robins.
Batman25JM

">

Postby jaydee74 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:08 am

Ah. I see what they are doing here. In the article, Peter Tomasi mentions the five stages of grief and look how many guest stars they mentioned? 5. So I'm assuming that this story arc will be sort of the 5 stages of grief story. Five months. One stage per month. I'll stick around on this. I know this isn't a new thing for Batman. He dealt with the death of Jason before but this is different. The death of his bilogical son. I'll be curious to see how each guest star helps Bruce deal with this. Especially Jason. Should be interesitng and if nothing else, it will probably read pretty well in trade.
jaydee74

">

Postby Arsenal » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:48 pm

5 stages of grief and Jason is step 2? That is so fitting
Arsenal

">

Postby jaydee74 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:54 pm

#19 — Batman and Red Robin (Denial)
#20 — Batman and Red Hood (Anger)
#21 — Batman and Batgirl (Bargaining)
#22 — Batman and Catwoman (Depression)
#23 — Batman and Nightwing (Acceptance)

This makes so much sense to me. I'm looking forward to this a lot.
jaydee74

">

Postby jaydee74 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:06 pm

You know, going forward, what if Batman and..... becomes a sort of a Brave and the Bold type series with Batman teaming up with a different hero in the new 52 Universe. I could be down with that.
jaydee74

">

Postby Batman25JM » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:27 am

I still don't love the idea of a rotating guest, but the five stages of grief does line up well with the guests they have.
Batman25JM

">

Postby jaydee74 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:28 pm

Hell, I'm looking to trim my list of books and this is probably on the top of the list but I am on board for at least until that story with the stages of grief story is over.
jaydee74

">

Postby jaydee74 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:09 am

Batman and Robin #18Wow. This was emotional. I love silent issues and this was done so well. You can really feel the loss from Bruce and Alfred. Great stuff.
jaydee74

">

Postby Arsenal » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:51 am

Here is my review of #18

Seriously it was amazing and they portrayed what was going on amazingly with no words being said. That last bit after Bruce read the letter was heart breaking.

What was surreal is that I let Conner read a few of my books ever week and Batman and Robin are always one of them, and Conner read The Batman inc leading up to this and was just crestfallen becaue "Robin can't die, his daddy will save him" heartbreaking stuff.
Arsenal

">

Postby jaydee74 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:52 am

Yeah, it was heartbreaking. I loved it and can't wait to see the 5 stages of grief. Tomasi has nailed the tone going into it.
jaydee74

">

Postby Dickgrayson007 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:12 am

That page with Bruce screaming almost made me cry. It really played on my fears of losing one of my own children and how powerless you would feel. Just a great issue. :cry:
Dickgrayson007

">

Postby jaydee74 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:33 pm

I loved that as well. I also loved when Bruce is swinging around the city and sees his reflection in a building and it's then he realizes that he's alone. So sad.
jaydee74

">

Postby jaydee74 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:20 am

Batman and Red Robin #19
This was really freaking cool. To start off, the stuff with Carrie Kelly was quite awesome. I'm not going to spoil it for those that haven't read it yet but I liked her appearance. The real story though is what Batman does in this issue and holy crap, it's freaking crazy! I loved this issue and I loved Tim's apperance in it. Great issue and I can't wait for the next one.
jaydee74

">

Postby Arsenal » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:52 am

jaydee74 wrote:Batman and Red Robin #19
This was really freaking cool. To start off, the stuff with Carrie Kelly was quite awesome. I'm not going to spoil it for those that haven't read it yet but I liked her appearance. The real story though is what Batman does in this issue and holy crap, it's freaking crazy! I loved this issue and I loved Tim's apperance in it. Great issue and I can't wait for the next one.

I expected more of Tim in the book, but it was still an awesome book. Bruce really is unhinged right now and everything that went on here was great, dark but great. I liked how Carrie showed up and she was more of just a fan nod but still good stuff.
Arsenal

PreviousNext

Return to DC