Batman & Robin

Eternal Crisis of the Pantsless Superheroes. Like them or hate, crises are a big part of the DCU. You can discuss them alongside books like Secret Six and other events like Green Lantern: Blackest Night.
">

Re: Batman & Robin

Postby jaydee74 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:27 am

I haven't read anything with Tim since Teen Titans #1 and then the small amount of time he was in the Bat-books like Batman and Robin or Batman so I feel like I don't really know this character in the new 52 Universe but I liked him in this for the most part. Yes. Batman is totally unhinged over the death of Damian and I'm so looking forward to the next issue to see how Jason deals with Bruce's state of mind when it comes to another death of a Robin. This is starting out to be a great story. I'm loving it.
jaydee74

">

Postby Arsenal » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:35 pm

It is going to be a good story I am looking forward to it.

I do think I looked to much into it because I was going Hey he is Bargaining here not Denial. But maybe I am over thinking it. That or he is Denial that Damien is gone forever with no way back.

Also are all the Lazarus Pits gone? Because you think that would have been step one if he wants to bring him back.
Arsenal

">

Postby jaydee74 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:27 pm

I think the "Denial" part is that Bruce can't bring back Damian. At least not the way he was trying to in this issue. Maybe the "Bargaining issue will have to do with the Lazarus Pit. I have no idea if they still exist in this new 52 DC Universe.
jaydee74

">

Postby aleams » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:49 am

Arsenal wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:Batman and Red Robin #19
This was really freaking cool. To start off, the stuff with Carrie Kelly was quite awesome. I'm not going to spoil it for those that haven't read it yet but I liked her appearance. The real story though is what Batman does in this issue and holy crap, it's freaking crazy! I loved this issue and I loved Tim's appearance in it. Great issue and I can't wait for the next one.

I expected more of Tim in the book, but it was still an awesome book. Bruce really is unhinged right now and everything that went on here was great, dark but great. I liked how Carrie showed up and she was more of just a fan nod but still good stuff.

You both hit the nail on the head for me. I loved how they used Carrie Kelley. I assumed she would be a one page reference, but Tomasi has made it clear that he has plans for her in the near future. This makes me excited. The issue itself showed EXACTLY how I wanted Batman to behave after the last issue. I wanted him to go to a darker place than he ever has. I think this has him set on the right track. I can't wait to see the rest of the team-ups. I was also disappointed that Red Robin wasn't in it more.

(BRIGHT SIDE: He was in this issue more than he was in the Court of the Owls Dark Knight issue.)

No matter what, I agree with Morrison's view of it. Batman shouldn't have a Robin for at least one or two years. Let him run on his own before they insert a new Robin. Giving us Carrie Kelley or Harper Row or the girl from Batman Inc. would only anger the fanbase for it being too soon.
- Andrew L.

NEVER FORGET
aleams

">

Postby Arsenal » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:36 pm

jaydee74 wrote:I think the "Denial" part is that Bruce can't bring back Damian. At least not the way he was trying to in this issue. Maybe the "Bargaining issue will have to do with the Lazarus Pit. I have no idea if they still exist in this new 52 DC Universe.

I know that they are in this universe because that is how Jason came back. I just wonder if they are all still active or if any are. I am wondering if they are just going to down the road bring Damien back but have Talia be the one that does it, add in some brainwashing and instant story arc.

That would be too easy to see coming though
Arsenal

">

Postby jaydee74 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:11 pm

I hope that's not the way he comes back if he does. He may not come back at all which would have me sad but in a way glad that DC would stick to their convictions and keep a character dead. I guess we'll see.
jaydee74

">

Postby Arsenal » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:52 am

I hated...Hated him at first, but now I really like the character. So I want him back but it would be a different move if they did keep him dead. I just hope if they do bring him back they do something special.

I agree that the Lazarus pit would be the cheap way, but it also fits doe to his lineage.
Arsenal

">

Postby jaydee74 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:54 am

It would absolutely fit but I don't see it happening mostly because Talia had a hand in what happened. I don't think it will be an option but you never know I guess.
jaydee74

">

Postby Batman25JM » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:28 pm

I didn't actually read Batman & Red Robin # 19, but I did flip through it. There are a couple of things that piss me off about it. First the fact that Tim Drake isn't even on the cover is ridiculous. The issue is supposed to be Batman and Red Robin. Having Carrie Kelly on the cover instead of Tim just makes me so mad. Second, the fact that Tim is only in like five or so pages of the book is very irritating. DC's treatment of Tim continues to infuriate me. He's written horribly in Teen Titans and he barely appears anything outside of that book. And when he does appear outside of Teen Titans it's very brief appearances.
Batman25JM

">

Postby jaydee74 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:50 am

I have to say that this Tim Drake doesn't do it for me.
jaydee74

">

Postby Dickgrayson007 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:05 pm

It was really cool and kind of disturbing to see how far Bruce would go to bring Damien back.
Dickgrayson007

">

Postby jaydee74 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:21 am

Dickgrayson007 wrote:It was really cool and kind of disturbing to see how far Bruce would go to bring Damien back.

Yes and I can already see how the next issue is going to go. The second stage is anger but I don't think it's going to be Bruce who is the angry one. It will be Jason. Look at what Bruce tried to do in this last issue to bring Damian back. Did he do that with Jason? I don't think so. That would make me pretty damn angry. I'm curious to see the interaction between the two.
jaydee74

">

Postby jaydee74 » Sun May 12, 2013 9:48 pm

Batman and Robin #20
I wasn't a fan of this issue as I was of the last issue. I liked the stuff with Carrie Kelly. Not sure why Bruce thought he needed to lie to her about Damian died. At first, I really liked how Bruce and Jason seemed to be bonding once again but what Bruce tried to pull with Jason was just a dick move. Plain and simple. I get that Bruce is mourning and all that stuff but this is a shitty move even for Batman. I'm curious as to how this whole story is going to end but I am nearing my end for this book. Just not doing it for me like it did at the beginning and it seems that way for most of the DC books save for the GL books.
jaydee74

">

Postby Arsenal » Fri May 17, 2013 12:00 am

I don't think Bruce is telling people that he is dead so people don't draw parallels between the fact that a young Robin died pretty publicly and then Bruce's son also died at the same time. Could make people think, that or the fact that he may still think that he could come back.

That and if DCFS finds out that another of his kids is dead he is going to face a pretty hefty fine
Arsenal

">

Postby jaydee74 » Fri May 17, 2013 3:57 pm

I guess. I'm more curious as to where this whole story with Carrie Kelly will go. I'm curious enough to stick with the story.
jaydee74

">

Postby Dickgrayson007 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:28 am

Slightly off topic post but I really hate the Kick-Ass 2 commercial where Hit Girl says "Robin wishes he were me!" Any of the Robins Tim, Dick, Jason and especially Damien would destroy her. I'm kinda sick of these johnny come lately characters disrespecting the veterans of the genre. Rant over, sorry if I offend anyone.
Dickgrayson007

">

Postby jaydee74 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:18 pm

Dickgrayson007 wrote:Slightly off topic post but I really hate the Kick-Ass 2 commercial where Hit Girl says "Robin wishes he were me!" Any of the Robins Tim, Dick, Jason and especially Damien would destroy her. I'm kinda sick of these johnny come lately characters disrespecting the veterans of the genre. Rant over, sorry if I offend anyone.

Nope. It was just a dumb comment about sidekicks in general. I paid it no mind.

I liked the issue with Catwoman. Can't wait to see how this particular story ends with the next issue.
jaydee74

Previous

Return to DC