Green Lantern Corps

Eternal Crisis of the Pantsless Superheroes. Like them or hate, crises are a big part of the DCU. You can discuss them alongside books like Secret Six and other events like Green Lantern: Blackest Night.
">

Re: Green Lantern Corps

Postby rwe1138 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:16 am

I wonder if the Darkstars still existed.
Robert Eddleman
rwe1138

">

Postby jaydee74 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:46 am

That's an amazing question. I liked when John was a Darkstar. I liked that series when it was out. Although Donna Troy was a Darkstar as well and she doesn't exist in the new 52 either.
jaydee74

">

Postby rwe1138 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:39 pm

jaydee74 wrote:That's an amazing question. I liked when John was a Darkstar. I liked that series when it was out. Although Donna Troy was a Darkstar as well and she doesn't exist in the new 52 either.

If they did, you'd think it would've been at least included in the montage of John's uniforms.
Robert Eddleman
rwe1138

">

Postby jaydee74 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:48 pm

I was thinking the same thing. They had three different GL uniforms. The Black Lantern, the Indigo uniform and his Marine uniform. It's a shame because the Darkstar costume was pretty cool.
jaydee74

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:27 pm

GL Corps #18

I sort of can't believe they did this 2 issues in a row. I found it all very disappointing. Pretty much no story progression in 2 issues. Plus I always find Chriscross's art a bit second rate and this was no exception.
Aussiemandias

">

Postby jaydee74 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:52 am

Eh. I enjoyed it since we were getting the same thing with different characters. I didn't mind it too much but if they do it in the next issue, I'll be annoyed.
jaydee74

">

Postby jaydee74 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:25 am

Green Lantern Corps #19
This was another great issue of the First Lantern story. This is what I wanted to see. Lanterns fighting the First Lantern and I loved the couple of pages where it's just Lantern members fighting duplicates of themselves. So awesome. I'm not sure what the "WTF" moment in this was supposed to be but I liked it a lot.
jaydee74

">

Postby jaydee74 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:25 am

Green Lantern Corps #19
This was another great issue of the First Lantern story. This is what I wanted to see. Lanterns fighting the First Lantern and I loved the couple of pages where it's just Lantern members fighting duplicates of themselves. So awesome. I'm not sure what the "WTF" moment in this was supposed to be but I liked it a lot.
jaydee74

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:25 pm

jaydee74 wrote:Green Lantern Corps #19

But they weren't fighting the First Lantern! And the duplicates were just imaginary stuff Mogo had cooked up so, basically, another issue of the Lanterns facing something in their heads or not real. The best thing for me out of this issue has been the full return of Mogo. I wonder if the Lanterns might be hanging out on Mogo instead of Oa in the future?

It's a real bummer to me that the final major GL storyline has been such a letdown (I know that's not the case for everyone). It feels like Johns and Tomasi checked out just before the end.
Aussiemandias

">

Postby jaydee74 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:22 am

You're right. They didn't fight the first Lantern but constructs that Mogo created to actually replenish their will and spirit to fight the First Lantern. I have been luke warm about this story as a whole. The #18 issues were fair but I have loved all of the #19 issues thinking they really brought something to the table. Seeing Mogo back in a big way is always awesome and I am very curious to see what Fatality will be doing post this story. I liked her inclusion in the Green Lantern group on the last page. Do you think maybe she becomes a GL or stays a Star Sapphire?
jaydee74

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:36 am

jaydee74 wrote:I am very curious to see what Fatality will be doing post this story. I liked her inclusion in the Green Lantern group on the last page. Do you think maybe she becomes a GL or stays a Star Sapphire?

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. It seems to me she might become a GL.
Aussiemandias

">

Postby jaydee74 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:23 am

I'd love to see her come full circle from killing Green Lantern to becoming a Green Lantern. It would be awesome.
jaydee74

">

Postby jaydee74 » Sun May 12, 2013 9:51 pm

Green Lantern Corps #20
:lookingaround:
Well. This didn't make sense to me. I already know what's going to happen in Green Lantern #20 because of this book. I got the freaking epilogue of what went down and why? The stuff with John and Fatality was predictable but I liked it. The stuff with Guy was also a bit predictable but I enjoyed it. This First Lantern story seems very uneven and just a bit rushed. I'm excited for the new creative teams to come on this book because I think at this point, I want new blood on this franchise.
jaydee74

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Mon May 13, 2013 5:51 pm

jaydee74 wrote:Green Lantern Corps #20
:lookingaround:
Well. This didn't make sense to me. I already know what's going to happen in Green Lantern #20 because of this book. I got the freaking epilogue of what went down and why? The stuff with John and Fatality was predictable but I liked it. The stuff with Guy was also a bit predictable but I enjoyed it. This First Lantern story seems very uneven and just a bit rushed. I'm excited for the new creative teams to come on this book because I think at this point, I want new blood on this franchise.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one confused. So, this should have come out after GL #20? Why wouldn't they just hold it back?

I've found this whole First Lantern storyline to be terrible quite frankly and, for me, books by a pair of writers I've completely enjoyed for so long have ended on a sour note.

Now, that being said, I didn't mind this last issue. Predictable as you say, Jaydee, but a nice ending. The John and Fatality moment has been coming for a long time but I'm glad it happened - it was good for the characters.

So, I've really loved Pete Tomasi's run on this book (and other GL books) - he's been the unsung member of the team with Johns and had a particularly good handle on Guy Gardner - but now it's time to say well done for great work. Special mention to Fernando Pasarin who's created some terrific art - I think he was very well suited to this book.

And that's it for me on GL Corps as I'm not a fan of any of the incoming writers on the GL books.
Last edited by Aussiemandias on Tue May 14, 2013 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aussiemandias

">

Postby jaydee74 » Mon May 13, 2013 8:32 pm

Tomasi and Gleason at one point were doing the best Green Lantern book out there for sure. The issue itself wasn't bad but at part of the overall story, it just didn't do anything for me. I'll be glad when this is all done and the new creative teams for the GL books to take over.
jaydee74

">

Postby jaydee74 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:13 pm

Green Lantern Corps #21
This issue was amazing. I loved the interaction between John and Fatality. I want to see them work out their relationship and it will be cool if they can become the couple that we see at the end of Green Lantern #20. I'm also looking forward to seeing these new recruits and how they handle being a Green Lantern. Should be awesome.
jaydee74

">

Postby jaydee74 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:46 am

Still really good. I like how this issue is really dealing with the Corps a lot and still reeling from the events of the First Lantern. I like the idea of something being wrong with the entities and that they are dying and how their health is effecting the rings of the various Corps. I am wondering what is wrong with them and what will happen. Good stuff.
jaydee74

">

Postby jaydee74 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:05 am

I'm enjoying Lights Out. This seems like a story that is going to have some big time lasting effects. I can't wait to see what comes of this.
jaydee74

Previous

Return to DC