Green Lantern Corps

Eternal Crisis of the Pantsless Superheroes. Like them or hate, crises are a big part of the DCU. You can discuss them alongside books like Secret Six and other events like Green Lantern: Blackest Night.
">

Re: Green Lantern Corps

Postby jaydee74 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:29 pm

Green Lantern Corps #14
Wow. The Guardians screwed Guy over big time. Looking forward to seeing him get some payback. Can't wait to see Salaak and Kilowog see what's really going on. I also want to see where the team-up between Fatality and John goes. Great issue.
jaydee74

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:04 am

jaydee74 wrote:Green Lantern Corps #14
Wow. The Guardians screwed Guy over big time. Looking forward to seeing him get some payback. Can't wait to see Salaak and Kilowog see what's really going on. I also want to see where the team-up between Fatality and John goes. Great issue.

I'm looking forward to everyone getting some payback on the Guardians. They're an absolute bunch of arseholes!!! There is no way once this is over that they can be in charge of things.

It was a great issue.
Aussiemandias

">

Postby jaydee74 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:21 pm

No. I do see those Guardians that were guarding the first Lantern taking over things though.
jaydee74

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:02 pm

jaydee74 wrote:No. I do see those Guardians that were guarding the first Lantern taking over things though.

Yeah I agree with that - looks like that's the way things are heading and they are a very different group.
Aussiemandias

">

Postby jaydee74 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:48 pm

Green Lantern Corps #15
Poor Guy. I feel bad for him. Although he gets into some trouble at the end of this issue. Salaak gets caught by the Guardians and not a whole lot of the Third Army is shown here and I'm looking forward to the John Stewart/Fatality team-up. Overall, a good issue. Looking forward to seeing how this continues.
jaydee74

">

Postby Denim » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:31 pm

Green Lantern Corps #15

I am not the biggest fan of the changes done to Guys past in the new 52, but I absolutely loved this issue and I really like the direction they are taking Guy in. I am struggling to read any of the Green Lantern titles due to that being one of the more confusing titles of the new 52, but I still stick with it and every now and then I get a gem like this issue.
Denim

">

Postby rwe1138 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:02 pm

#15 was good, but I'm more intrigued with the John/Fatality/Mogo subplot than with Guy's.
Robert Eddleman
rwe1138

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:14 am

rwe1138 wrote:#15 was good, but I'm more intrigued with the John/Fatality/Mogo subplot than with Guy's.

Yeah, I'm kind of the same. I don't mind Guy's story (although I too don't like the changes to his character which I just don't know are necessary) but it's the story with John that's got me more interested.

Also, is it just me or is there a complete lack of consistency with GL costumes and how they're connected to their rings? I thought the ring made their costumes and if you took the ring off you'd be in your civies but it seems to change all the time.
Aussiemandias

">

Postby jaydee74 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:34 pm

Green Lantern Corps #16
Very cool. I liked the first meeting of Simon and Guy. I liked the action in this and everything about it. I think with all of the GL books, #16 has really turned things around.
jaydee74

">

Postby jaydee74 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:55 pm

Green Lantern Corps Annual #1
Fuck. Yeah. This was awesome. Can't say much more about it but loved this.
jaydee74

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:21 pm

jaydee74 wrote:Green Lantern Corps #16
Very cool. I liked the first meeting of Simon and Guy. I liked the action in this and everything about it.

Yeah, I thought it was a good issue too. And it's the first time I recall anyone having any kind of victory over these Third Army guys (although I really think Simon Baz stealing all those missiles was kind of stupid when you consider all the trouble he's in - I know he commented on it but I bet it's glossed over as a throwaway moment - when you think of it, though, the guy has currently been accused of terrorism and he steals a bunch of missiles - I think that would set off alarm bells of the highest order). Pasarin did great work as always.

I also liked John realising that the Guardians have ulterior motives for sending him on this Mogo mission.
Aussiemandias

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:58 pm

GL Corps Annual #1

This wasn't bad although I'm not sure I'd say it was awesome (sorry Jaydee). I think part of my problem with it was that I didn't really like the art - not a fan of Chriscross - it just looked a bit second rate to me.

I am extremely happy, however, to see the Guardians start getting their backsides kicked. This has been a long time coming. Everyone teaming up to do so was also excellent.

There's a side of me that wishes the GL books would kind of cool it on the big GL crossovers for a while and let each of the books settle down for a bit. It's almost becoming a bit relentless these big stories. One gets finished and it's onto another. I like the stories - they're all good - but I just think we could do with a breather now and then.
Aussiemandias

">

Postby jaydee74 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:55 am

Agreed. So with this issue, we now go into the whole "First Lantern". I'm okay with this I guess. I just wonder what's going to happen after this event. Does it always have to be these kinds of stories? I hope not.
jaydee74

">

Postby Batman25JM » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:07 pm

I liked issue #16 as well as the annual. The book was losing me a bit, but now I feel like it's getting me back. However, I think things feel a bit rushed. The showdown with the Guardians just felt like it happened too quickly. I know things have been building to it, but the pacing didn't gel with me. In my opinion this whole Third Army event has been dragging, and then they just rush the ending. Sure, this is leading into the First Lantern thing, so it's not over yet, but the pacing just feels wrong. Still, I did enjoy the last two issues.
Batman25JM

">

Postby jaydee74 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:37 pm

I know how you feel John Michael. It's liked they forgot how many issues Rise of the Third Army was supposed to be and then they panicked and had to rush the ending to get into the First Lantern story or something similar to that.
jaydee74

">

Postby jaydee74 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:13 am

Green Lantern Corps #17
LOVED THIS! But how the hell did Guy get to that spot? I was hoping for some kind of fight but I did like seeing the First Lantern mess with Guy's memories. I guess next issue, it will be John and Fatality's turn. Looking forward to that.
jaydee74

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:57 am

GL Corps #17

Well, I thought this issue sucked! LOL.

It's like we missed something between GL #17 and this. It just seemed like something that could have been done in a couple of pages than a whole issue. Felt like padding to me. Get on with it!
Aussiemandias

">

Postby jaydee74 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:09 pm

I think that the writers only have a certain amount of issues so this is just moving at warp speed. I liked seeing Guy's backstory in this issue however warped it was because of the First Lantern. I'm just curious to see how these writers finish off their story and see where the Green Lantern franchise will be when the new creative team comes aboard.
jaydee74

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:03 pm

But that's just it, Jaydee, I don't think it was warp speed at all. There is definitely something missing in how this progressed from GL to get to the start of this issue so that is moving things along but then this issue is really just a big introspective issue on Guy (which ordinarily I would actually be cool with) so it all comes to a screeching halt. I realise it looks like it's messed Guy up which is important but it feels to me like the whole story just came to a dead stop.

I really liked GL so I'm hoping this picks up with the next issue.
Aussiemandias

">

Postby jaydee74 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:51 am

I do agree that there seems to be an issue or even half an issue missing which annoys me. I still have faith in this story but yeah. I was a bit confused at the beginning of the issue. How the heck did we get there? I simply decided to go with it I guess.
jaydee74

">

Postby Denim » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:20 pm

This is going to be one of those cases where you are going to need to read all the Lantern titles to get the whole story, sucks, but it's what they do.

I was botherd by them showing Guy as Warrior, that's a lot of changes to happen to him in just 5 years. I am hoping that was just a tease and that the first lantern can look at other realities that exist, such as the good one, you know, the one before this new 52 nonsense.
Denim

">

Postby jaydee74 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:56 pm

I never liked the whole 'Warrior" thing so I was hoping that was something that could have been erased. I stopped trying to figure out how it all fits time-wise. I just don't care anymore. Tell me the story and stop trying to fit all the pieces together.
jaydee74

">

Postby Batman25JM » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:22 pm

The whole Warrior thing being in continuity doesn't really make sense anymore. However, that's par for the course with the New 52. And in the future when people read all of the Johns and Co. GL epic they won't have to worry about continuity. They can just pretend the New 52 never happened.

As for issue #17 I wasn't that into it. It was walking a fine line between a type of story I love and a type of story I hate and it fell more on the type I hate.
Batman25JM

">

Postby jaydee74 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:37 am

It was more or less a mind-fuck story in order for the First Lantern to feed of Guy's emotions. Same thing happened to Kyle.
jaydee74

">

Postby jaydee74 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:11 am

Green Lantern Corps #18
I really enjoyed this issue. I was hoping we would see that Katma Tui was still a part of John's history in this Universe and she still might but they just didn't show it. The relationship between John and Fatality is really being foreshadowed and I like it to be honest. I also loved the cover to this issue so overall, a great issue.
jaydee74

PreviousNext

Return to DC