Green Lantern Corps

Eternal Crisis of the Pantsless Superheroes. Like them or hate, crises are a big part of the DCU. You can discuss them alongside books like Secret Six and other events like Green Lantern: Blackest Night.
">

Green Lantern Corps

Postby Batman25JM » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:11 am

Discussion and Reviews
Batman25JM

">

Re: Green Lantern Corps

Postby jaydee74 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:43 am

Green Lantern Corps #58
I liked this issue. Good second parter to the "War of the Green Lanterns". The art is iffy for me though. There is a particular panel that I will talk about when more people have read the issue that really didn't do it for me at all but overall, the story itself was good enough to keep me interested.
jaydee74

">

Postby rwe1138 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:00 pm

#58 wasn't bad for a rather standard "friends are under someone else's influence and fight each other" issue.
Robert Eddleman
rwe1138

">

Postby jaydee74 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:13 pm

Yeah. Basically. Overall, I think the direction of this book is getting stronger but it's just not "there" yet. It wasn't bad. I think overall, the art was my least favorite aspect of this issue.
jaydee74

">

Postby LOOSECANNON » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:58 am

the people who work at my LCS actually told me to skip it! They know I only get the regular GL book and I had added this to my pull list for the tie-in. I suppose they are looking out for me, knowing I'm spending the extra doe b/c of the event.

That should all tell you something.

If anyone feels these tie-ins--including Emerald Warriors are a must--please let me know; otherwise, I'll have them in "cheap trade" some day at a Con. Thanks.
LOOSECANNON

">

Postby Dr. Wade McNasty » Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:06 am

I skipped this one this time around. The story has been pretty boring. At least the art has been nice. I may dl this one seeing as how I'll probably never buy it anyways.
Arsenal wrote: That whole fight makes me want to hire Wade to write a rant for me and fill it with .GIFs that show how upset I am with it.
Dr. Wade McNasty

">

Postby jaydee74 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:58 am

The art in this particular issue was not very strong. I was referring to a particular panel in the beginning of the book where we see a flashback of Kyle getting his ring from Ganthet that I absolutely hated. Kyle looks 50 to 60 years older than he should be and for some reason, he sort of look like a zombie to me. I don't know why but when I saw this panel, I was like, "why does Kyle look like an old zombie?" Seriously. The story itself was okay. It was John and Kyle battling each other after being infected by Parallax through their rings like the rest of the Corps are. There is something that happens to Ganthet that is pretty bad a$$ which I will spoil for people who want to know but it was an okay issue.

As people know I am a huge GL magnet so anything GL is something I'm gonna get so I don't mind telling people what happened if you want to know but I don't want to spoil anything for people who haven't read it yet and still want to read it as I'm not sure if the spoiler tags on this site are up and running yet. Let me know if you want to know what happened and maybe I'll pm you. The stuff with Ganthet alone was cool.
jaydee74

">

Postby D-Rock » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:31 pm

jaydee74 wrote: There is something that happens to Ganthet that is pretty bad a$$

Yeah, that was probably the highlight of the issue. I wonder what that will mean for him in the long run. Perhaps he won't be making it out of this event?
D-Rock

">

Postby Dr. Wade McNasty » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:10 pm

D-Rock wrote:
jaydee74 wrote: There is something that happens to Ganthet that is pretty bad a$$

Yeah, that was probably the highlight of the issue. I wonder what that will mean for him in the long run. Perhaps he won't be making it out of this event?

Yeah I can see Ganthet making a hero's sacrifice. The "compassionate guardian" role, if they will still exist may be filled by that one guardian who was a blue lantern but now belongs to the Orange lantern, that is if there is a need for guardians after this event. I finally got around to reading this and thought it was a decent issue. The art was okay, the story felt like a filler then again, but I can understand why.
Arsenal wrote: That whole fight makes me want to hire Wade to write a rant for me and fill it with .GIFs that show how upset I am with it.
Dr. Wade McNasty

">

Postby jaydee74 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:42 am

After reading this issue, I am really concerned for Ganthet.
jaydee74

">

Postby DifferentJustin » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:11 am

I can see Ganthet being a badass and completing what happened in the Green Lantern issue to the rest of the Guardians (Don't want to spoil anything).
DifferentJustin

">

Postby Batman25JM » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:11 am

Green Lantern Corps #58

I enjoyed this well enough. I think it was my favorite issue of Bedard's run so far. I didn't like it as much as GL #64 though.

I'm not thrilled with what happened to Ganthet.

jaydee74 wrote:After reading this issue, I am really concerned for Ganthet.

Me too.
Batman25JM

">

Postby jaydee74 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:22 am

Maybe Ganthet could get a bad-a$$ hook hand like Aquaman.
jaydee74

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:00 am

Okay don't leave me in suspense!! What happened to Ganthet??

I don't get this book as a protest of my dislike of Bedard's writing.
Aussiemandias

">

Postby jaydee74 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:51 am

Well, John and Kyle were fighting each other due to the fact that Parallax is back in the main battery and has infected the Green Lanterns. Ganthet realized they needed to take their rings off to get the influence out of them. He used his remaining Guardians power to take his ring as well as John and Kyle's ring off but in the process, his hand blew up real good. So now Ganthet is now without a hand. Maybe he should have a support group with Aquaman.
jaydee74

">

Postby Aussiemandias » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:32 am

jaydee74 wrote:Well, John and Kyle were fighting each other due to the fact that Parallax is back in the main battery and has infected the Green Lanterns. Ganthet realized they needed to take their rings off to get the influence out of them. He used his remaining Guardians power to take his ring as well as John and Kyle's ring off but in the process, his hand blew up real good. So now Ganthet is now without a hand. Maybe he should have a support group with Aquaman.

And Luke Skywalker. Noooooooooooooooo. You're not my Guardian!!!
Aussiemandias

">

Postby jaydee74 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:34 am

The three of them could start up a little team. The One Handed Heroes.
jaydee74

">

Postby jaydee74 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:46 pm

ANNOUNCING WAR OF THE GREEN LANTERNS: AFTERMATH

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2011/04/07 ... aftermath/
jaydee74

">

Postby D-Rock » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:38 pm

^ I didn't read the link because I'm trying to avoid spoilers, but that's a sweet cover
D-Rock

">

Postby Batman25JM » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:40 pm

You can click the link if you want. It doesn't spoil anything. I agree, that cover is frakking amazing.
Batman25JM

">

Postby jaydee74 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:39 am

Yeah. The description is very spoiler free and I freaking love that cover.
jaydee74

">

Postby rwe1138 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:00 pm

#59 was good. I like the fact that Kyle & John both had to struggle with the unfamiliar rings. Also, that's one hell of a cliffhanger.
Robert Eddleman
rwe1138

">

Postby jaydee74 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:10 pm

One of the best issues I've read from this series since the new creative changes. I loved how Kyle and John needed to practice with their new rings. It's interesting that John is still trying to make his ring work through willpower. I'm curious if either Kyle or John will truly get the handle on their rings; although Ganthet feels that this idea is not a good one. He is a Guardian and kind of knows what he's talking about. Speaking of Ganthet. He was pretty bad ass in this issue. As for the ending? Wow. Loved it.
jaydee74

">

Postby Batman25JM » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:26 pm

Green Lantern Corps #59

This was definitely my favorite issue since Bedard took over.

I loved the fact that John and Kyle were struggling with the other rings and that they weren't just perfect with them from the get go.

This issue felt really short. It was good, but it seemed like it took 5 minutes to read.
Batman25JM

">

Postby jaydee74 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:28 pm

I know! Mostly because I was really into it. I loved how John was trying to use willpower to make the Indigo ring. Tells me he was meant to be a GL. I kind of like his costume as well. I also like Kyle's costume. It was interesting seeing the two of them struggle with those rings and the ending of this issue? Wow!
jaydee74

Next

Return to DC