Green Lantern

Eternal Crisis of the Pantsless Superheroes. Like them or hate, crises are a big part of the DCU. You can discuss them alongside books like Secret Six and other events like Green Lantern: Blackest Night.
">

Re: Green Lantern

Postby jaydee74 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:57 am

Green Lantern Annual

This was a decent ending to the "LIghts Out" story. I feel it might have been a bit rushed but then again I'm used to these kinds of stories lasting at least 8-10 issues. I like the conflict that we seem to be going to get coming out of this story and I will be interested to see how this all plays out going forward. You are going to have people doubt the use of the power rings now and I like that concept. I'll be curious to see what the creative team does with this new status quo. More than anything else, I will mourn the loss of Brother Warth and the Blue Lanterns.
jaydee74

">

Postby jaydee74 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:50 pm

I sort of like this new status quo in the Green Lantern Universe. I'm not sure exactly where this is all going but I do like it so far.
jaydee74

">

Postby Arsenal » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:42 am

I dropped GL (and most DC books) mind recapping what the new status quo is?
Arsenal

">

Postby rwe1138 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:00 pm

Arsenal wrote:I dropped GL (and most DC books) mind recapping what the new status quo is?

I'll give it a shot, and Jaydee can back me up if he wants to.

With the old Guardians gone and the new Guardians still pretty wet behind the ears, Hal is made leader of the GLC. Salaak steps down from his post and Kilowog is made his replacement. Hal sends Guy undercover to the Red Lanterns, where he quickly takes over as leader. Relic, the sole survivor of a previous universe that ended because its version of the different Corps depleted the emotional spectrum, shows up and is determined to not let the same thing happen again, even if it means killing all the ring users. He wipes out all the Blue Lanterns except for Saint Walker, thus leaving Guy without an out as a Red, and succeeds in taking out the Central Power Battery on Oa, which is enough to make the planet itself go kaboom. In order to fight him, all of the Emotional Entities (save Parallax) jump into White Lantern Kyle Rayner. Hal brokers a deal with Guy & the Reds, who agree to help in exchange for their own sector free of Green Lanterns. In the final showdown at the Source Wall with the GLC & the RLC vs. Relic, they discover that he was right, that there is a finite amount of energy they've been draining all along. Kyle tackles Relic into the Source Wall where the latter becomes imprisoned and Kyle is presumed gone. Hal regroups the GLC at their new home-base of Mogo. Kyle emerges from the Wall, saying the Entities sacrificed themselves to save him and refill the emotional tank, so to speak. The new Guardians decide to keep his return a secret.

Basically, now Hal is in charge of the Corps, who are now based on Mogo and some of whom are reluctant to use their rings for fear of again depleting the energy spectrum. John's role hasn't really emerged yet. Guy is leading the Reds in their own sector. Kyle and the Guardians are going to be exploring the fringes of the universe. Larfleeze is pretty much off doing his own thing in his title; so far, none of this has been mentioned in it. Oh, and Hal is a little upset because Carol kinda digs Kyle.
Robert Eddleman
rwe1138

">

Postby jaydee74 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:27 pm

Pretty much sums it up. It's interesting and I'm curious to see how this all plays out over time.
jaydee74

">

Postby Dr. Wade McNasty » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:11 am

rwe1138 wrote:
Arsenal wrote:I dropped GL (and most DC books) mind recapping what the new status quo is?

I'll give it a shot, and Jaydee can back me up if he wants to.

With the old Guardians gone and the new Guardians still pretty wet behind the ears, Hal is made leader of the GLC. Salaak steps down from his post and Kilowog is made his replacement. Hal sends Guy undercover to the Red Lanterns, where he quickly takes over as leader. Relic, the sole survivor of a previous universe that ended because its version of the different Corps depleted the emotional spectrum, shows up and is determined to not let the same thing happen again, even if it means killing all the ring users. He wipes out all the Blue Lanterns except for Saint Walker, thus leaving Guy without an out as a Red, and succeeds in taking out the Central Power Battery on Oa, which is enough to make the planet itself go kaboom. In order to fight him, all of the Emotional Entities (save Parallax) jump into White Lantern Kyle Rayner. Hal brokers a deal with Guy & the Reds, who agree to help in exchange for their own sector free of Green Lanterns. In the final showdown at the Source Wall with the GLC & the RLC vs. Relic, they discover that he was right, that there is a finite amount of energy they've been draining all along. Kyle tackles Relic into the Source Wall where the latter becomes imprisoned and Kyle is presumed gone. Hal regroups the GLC at their new home-base of Mogo. Kyle emerges from the Wall, saying the Entities sacrificed themselves to save him and refill the emotional tank, so to speak. The new Guardians decide to keep his return a secret.

Basically, now Hal is in charge of the Corps, who are now based on Mogo and some of whom are reluctant to use their rings for fear of again depleting the energy spectrum. John's role hasn't really emerged yet. Guy is leading the Reds in their own sector. Kyle and the Guardians are going to be exploring the fringes of the universe. Larfleeze is pretty much off doing his own thing in his title; so far, none of this has been mentioned in it.

I'm in the same boat as Arsenal. Seems interesting and certainly worth a read though I'm tempte to let everything reach some sort o resoulution before jumping back in, though I am glad to see that Stewart is still alive and.....wait.....

Oh, and Hal is a little upset because Carol kinda digs Kyle.

...Uh...

Carol kinda digs Kyle.

:|

I don't know why but this bothers me. It's like Lois fucking Jimmy. It feels weird. Oh well, the rest sounds interesting enough.
Arsenal wrote: That whole fight makes me want to hire Wade to write a rant for me and fill it with .GIFs that show how upset I am with it.
Dr. Wade McNasty

Previous

Return to DC