Green Lantern

Eternal Crisis of the Pantsless Superheroes. Like them or hate, crises are a big part of the DCU. You can discuss them alongside books like Secret Six and other events like Green Lantern: Blackest Night.
">

Re: Green Lantern

Postby Batman25JM » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:27 pm

Green Lantern #16


I quite liked this. The book is finally picking up. It had been getting a big stagnant for me, but this issue moved things along quite well.

I really liked B'dg. I hope to see a lot more of him now, and that he doesn't die.
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Batman25JM
 
Posts: 4246
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:56 am
Location: Kalamazoo, MI

">

Re: Green Lantern

Postby Bigtymin504 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:28 am

Batman25JM wrote:Green Lantern #16


I quite liked this. The book is finally picking up. It had been getting a big stagnant for me, but this issue moved things along quite well.

I really liked B'dg. I hope to see a lot more of him now, and that he doesn't die.


Agreed. B'dg was an awesome guest star, hope he becomes more of a regular. Simon is really growing into his own as a character. Will be interesting to see if his ring really did heal his brother-in-law or if it's something that turns out to be a little more sinister...
Image
User avatar
Bigtymin504
 
Posts: 2480
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:57 pm
Location: New Orleans

">

Re: Green Lantern

Postby jaydee74 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:02 am

I hope it's a thing that he's just healed but knowing Geoff Johns, something is going to happen and he'll become Simon Baz's SInestro or something like that. I hope that's not the case though. I love B'dg. Since I can't have Ch'p, he'll do just nicely. Now can we put a bowtie on him? Please? :mrgreen:
Image
User avatar
jaydee74
 
Posts: 6018
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:16 am
Location: New Jersey

">

Re: Green Lantern

Postby Bigtymin504 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:05 pm

Johns leaves Green Lantern with issue #20
http://www.newsarama.com/comics/geoff-johns-green-lantern-run-ends.html

An all time great run. But nothing lasts forever, I think it's a good time to step aside.

On the plus side, the article says he will be staying on Aquaman. There were some earlier reports that he was leaving that book.
Image
User avatar
Bigtymin504
 
Posts: 2480
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:57 pm
Location: New Orleans

">

Re: Green Lantern

Postby Batman25JM » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:05 pm

I really don't know how I feel about this. There isn't anyone at DC that I really want to take over the book. I can't say anything for sure since I don't know who will be taking over, but the odds that I'll be dropping the GL books are rather high.
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Batman25JM
 
Posts: 4246
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:56 am
Location: Kalamazoo, MI

">

Re: Green Lantern

Postby Aussiemandias » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:50 pm

Glad to hear he's staying on Aquaman. I think that's very important that he does.

I agree - one of the great runs. Peter Tomasi on both GL Corps and GL? I think if it was anyone that would be who I'd want.
User avatar
Aussiemandias
 
Posts: 3000
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:10 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

">

Re: Green Lantern

Postby Batman25JM » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:55 pm

Aussiemandias wrote:Glad to hear he's staying on Aquaman. I think that's very important that he does.

I agree - one of the great runs. Peter Tomasi on both GL Corps and GL? I think if it was anyone that would be who I'd want.



Yeah, Tomasi is the only one I'd want too. I just didn't think they'd give him both books. Maybe he'll take over GL and someone else will handle GLC.

And I'm also glad Johns is staying on Aquaman. I feel that the minute he leaves the book will plummet in sales.
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Batman25JM
 
Posts: 4246
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:56 am
Location: Kalamazoo, MI

">

Re: Green Lantern

Postby jaydee74 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:02 pm

:cry:
Say it's not so. Just say it. SAY IT! :x
Image
User avatar
jaydee74
 
Posts: 6018
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:16 am
Location: New Jersey

">

Re: Green Lantern

Postby Bigtymin504 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:03 pm

According to BC, everyone is leaving their respective Green Lantern books.
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/02/11/green-lantern/

So maybe this means Tomasi takes over for Johns. Green Lantern NOW! as they call it.
Image
User avatar
Bigtymin504
 
Posts: 2480
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:57 pm
Location: New Orleans

">

Re: Green Lantern

Postby jaydee74 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:12 pm

Bigtymin504 wrote:According to BC, everyone is leaving their respective Green Lantern books.
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/02/11/green-lantern/

So maybe this means Tomasi takes over for Johns. Green Lantern NOW! as they call it.

I am nervous. I am very very nervous.
Image
User avatar
jaydee74
 
Posts: 6018
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:16 am
Location: New Jersey

">

Re: Green Lantern

Postby Batman25JM » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:41 pm

With everyone leaving, I'm thinking that it might be a great jumping off point for me for the GL books.


jaydee74 wrote::cry:
Say it's not so. Just say it. SAY IT! :x



All will be well.
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Batman25JM
 
Posts: 4246
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:56 am
Location: Kalamazoo, MI

">

Re: Green Lantern

Postby Aussiemandias » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:39 am

Well, this completely sucks. :(
User avatar
Aussiemandias
 
Posts: 3000
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:10 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

">

Re: Green Lantern

Postby jaydee74 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:17 pm

Batman25JM wrote:With everyone leaving, I'm thinking that it might be a great jumping off point for me for the GL books.


jaydee74 wrote::cry:
Say it's not so. Just say it. SAY IT! :x



All will be well.

It damn well better be. Eh. Who am I kidding. I've been reading Green Lantern since 1980 and bought back issues that go back to the late 70's. I've been reading before Geoff Johns and I will be reading Green Lantern after Geoff Johns. The only thing is that the new Green Lantern books have big shoes to fill. I guess I'm anticipating the news on the new creative team.
Image
User avatar
jaydee74
 
Posts: 6018
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:16 am
Location: New Jersey

">

Re: Green Lantern

Postby Strider » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:11 am

jaydee74 wrote: I guess I'm anticipating the news on the new creative team.


Same here.

There is a new guard of great writers at DC, and I'm excited to see if any of them get the gigs.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.

And either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives
User avatar
Strider
 
Posts: 975
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:20 am
Location: The ABQ

">

Re: Green Lantern

Postby jaydee74 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:15 pm

I'll be curious to see what this new team looks like.
Image
User avatar
jaydee74
 
Posts: 6018
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:16 am
Location: New Jersey

">

Re: Green Lantern

Postby jaydee74 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:09 am

Green Lantern #17
So. I liked this. I felt like it might have been rushed a bit. We start off with the First Lantern victorious over the Guardians but the beginning of the issue was very freaking intriguing. Loved that. I think that was just amazing. I'm looking forward to seeing how SImon interacts with Hal and Sinestro. Yeah. I like it.
Image
User avatar
jaydee74
 
Posts: 6018
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:16 am
Location: New Jersey

">

Re: Green Lantern

Postby Arsenal » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:21 am

I really don't know what is going on in the book and I think it is because I don't get all the Lantern Books or the Annuals so I am a little off put, never have liked massive stories where I have to buy issues of books I don't normally get.

I like Simon and his mission and will be interested to see what happens ring wise after the first lantern story is done.

I also am thinking that Johns is having a Bendis moment with GL right now, Bendis was so good on Avengers for so long but by the end you could tell he was getting burnt out and I feel the same way with Johns on GL now, He has done amazing books but I feel like after the new 52 it is just not up to par, so I think it is good for him to go to other books for something fresh because he is a great writer but I'm sure focusing on the same character for so long gets stagnant after a while. I just hope the new team can fill those shoes I really don't want GL to go become second string
Image
User avatar
Arsenal
 
Posts: 2202
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:43 am
Location: Bloomington IL

">

Re: Green Lantern

Postby jaydee74 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:47 am

I'm looking forward to this last story from Johns and then seeing what the next group of creators can pull off. Green Lantern is my franchise and so far, I am liking thsi story. More than the First Army to be honest.
Image
User avatar
jaydee74
 
Posts: 6018
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:16 am
Location: New Jersey

">

Re: Green Lantern

Postby Dr. Wade McNasty » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:39 pm

Bigtymin504 wrote:According to BC, everyone is leaving their respective Green Lantern books.
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/02/11/green-lantern/

So maybe this means Tomasi takes over for Johns. Green Lantern NOW! as they call it.


Image

Well this is worrisome. I guess I better get caught up and see how everything plays out now.
Image
Arsenal wrote: That whole fight makes me want to hire Wade to write a rant for me and fill it with .GIFs that show how upset I am with it.
User avatar
Dr. Wade McNasty
 
Posts: 2424
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:16 pm
Location: Engulfed in the hipster nihilism of our times.

">

Re: Green Lantern

Postby Aussiemandias » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:54 am

jaydee74 wrote:I'm looking forward to this last story from Johns and then seeing what the next group of creators can pull off. Green Lantern is my franchise and so far, I am liking thsi story. More than the First Army to be honest.

Yeah, I'm definitely liking this more than the First Army storyline. I think that story was just a stepping stone to get here.

I thought issue #17 was pretty good actually and that opening sequence was very intriguing indeed (and I loved the use of Dan Jurgens for that flashback). If Volthoom has the power to change reality I can see why he's going to need to be stopped.

Now it's surely time for Hal and Sinestro to join the fray! Come one!
User avatar
Aussiemandias
 
Posts: 3000
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:10 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

">

Re: Green Lantern

Postby jaydee74 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:11 pm

Next issue. Simon Baz has joined Hal and Sinestro in the Dead Zone World and we're going to see more of that and if we don't see Hal's father in that world, then I"LL BE PISSED! I want to see that. I have wanted to see that since Blackest Night. GIVE IT TO ME! Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next issue.
Image
User avatar
jaydee74
 
Posts: 6018
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:16 am
Location: New Jersey

">

Re: Green Lantern

Postby Bigtymin504 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:01 pm

Arsenal wrote:I really don't know what is going on in the book and I think it is because I don't get all the Lantern Books or the Annuals so I am a little off put, never have liked massive stories where I have to buy issues of books I don't normally get.

I like Simon and his mission and will be interested to see what happens ring wise after the first lantern story is done.

I also am thinking that Johns is having a Bendis moment with GL right now, Bendis was so good on Avengers for so long but by the end you could tell he was getting burnt out and I feel the same way with Johns on GL now, He has done amazing books but I feel like after the new 52 it is just not up to par, so I think it is good for him to go to other books for something fresh because he is a great writer but I'm sure focusing on the same character for so long gets stagnant after a while. I just hope the new team can fill those shoes I really don't want GL to go become second string


Yeah this has sort of become a problem with GL lately with the constant crossover events. The First Lantern business isn't bad but I feel like Johns has gone to the "Guardians have a deep dark secret" well a few too many times.

Black Hand is still awesome though. Great stuff between him and Simon.
Image
User avatar
Bigtymin504
 
Posts: 2480
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:57 pm
Location: New Orleans

">

Re: Green Lantern

Postby Dr. Wade McNasty » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:29 pm

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Arsenal wrote:I really don't know what is going on in the book and I think it is because I don't get all the Lantern Books or the Annuals so I am a little off put, never have liked massive stories where I have to buy issues of books I don't normally get.

I like Simon and his mission and will be interested to see what happens ring wise after the first lantern story is done.

I also am thinking that Johns is having a Bendis moment with GL right now, Bendis was so good on Avengers for so long but by the end you could tell he was getting burnt out and I feel the same way with Johns on GL now, He has done amazing books but I feel like after the new 52 it is just not up to par, so I think it is good for him to go to other books for something fresh because he is a great writer but I'm sure focusing on the same character for so long gets stagnant after a while. I just hope the new team can fill those shoes I really don't want GL to go become second string


Yeah this has sort of become a problem with GL lately with the constant crossover events. The First Lantern business isn't bad but I feel like Johns has gone to the "Guardians have a deep dark secret" well a few too many times.

Black Hand is still awesome though. Great stuff between him and Simon.


Agreed on all points both of you, especially with how spread all over this story is. It's rather off-putting, especially compared to Sinestro Corps War (which I have been re-reading), which did not do this as much it seems. It's understandable but bothersome in the long run. I may wait for the whole thing to be done to get into this story. That said, I do think Johns may be burnt out on this story as well. I'm curious to see how someone else handles things.
Image
Arsenal wrote: That whole fight makes me want to hire Wade to write a rant for me and fill it with .GIFs that show how upset I am with it.
User avatar
Dr. Wade McNasty
 
Posts: 2424
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:16 pm
Location: Engulfed in the hipster nihilism of our times.

">

Re: Green Lantern

Postby jaydee74 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:48 am

I see this whole thing with the Guardians as a long-form story that has been brewing for quite some time and now it's at a boil. Everyone knows now that the Guardians are up to no good and with this story being the swan song for the Green Lantern creative, this wil have the conclusion to the Guardians. I see them sacrificing themselves for the betterment of the Universe and I see the Maltusians who were locked up becoming the new and improved Guardians.
Image
User avatar
jaydee74
 
Posts: 6018
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:16 am
Location: New Jersey

">

Re: Green Lantern

Postby jaydee74 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:04 pm

:greenlantern: :gl:

Hell Yeah!
Image
User avatar
jaydee74
 
Posts: 6018
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:16 am
Location: New Jersey

PreviousNext

Return to DC

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron