Batman incorporated

Eternal Crisis of the Pantsless Superheroes. Like them or hate, crises are a big part of the DCU. You can discuss them alongside books like Secret Six and other events like Green Lantern: Blackest Night.
">

Batman incorporated

Postby HandsomeWaffleIron » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:08 am

Discuss
HandsomeWaffleIron

">

Re: Batman incorporated

Postby HandsomeWaffleIron » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:10 am

Just to Beat out Batman25jm
HandsomeWaffleIron

">

Postby Spider_Fan14 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:32 pm

Did Nightrunner appear yet? Or is he gonna be first appearing soon?

Also, anyone else think that Batman was a little harsh on Mystery Man of Japan in issue #2? I mean, its fine Batman doesn't kill but it seems judgemental to bitch to that guy.
Spider_Fan14

">

Postby Batman25JM » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:23 pm

HandsomeWaffleIron wrote:Just to Beat out Batman25jm

:x :lol: ;)
Batman25JM

">

Postby D-Rock » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:28 pm

Spider_Fan14 wrote:Did Nightrunner appear yet? Or is he gonna be first appearing soon?

Yeah, I think it was in one of the annuals

Also, anyone else think that Batman was a little harsh on Mystery Man of Japan in issue #2? I mean, its fine Batman doesn't kill but it seems judgemental to bitch to that guy.

Bruce, judgemental? Wha?? ;)
D-Rock

">

Postby jaydee74 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:35 am

This is one of the two Batman titles that I read. I am a big fan of this book just two issues in. Can't wait for the next one.
jaydee74

">

Postby Debaser77 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:44 am

Here's my review of both Batman and Robin #21 and Batman Incorporated #3 on the main site.

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=35928
Debaser77

">

Postby jaydee74 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:09 pm

I thought this issue was okay. I remember the dancing scene referenced in the previous issue of Batman and Robin which was interesting. I really like how the cover was designed. It's a nice looking cover. The inside is okay. Nothing special but I'm enjoying it.
jaydee74

">

Postby D-Rock » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:00 pm

Debaser77 wrote:Here's my review of both Batman and Robin #21 and Batman Incorporated #3 on the main site.

http://panelsonpages.com/?p=35928

Nicely done, Ben. I think you nailed it in both cases.

Batman Incorporated #3

I applaud the effort Batman, Inc. is trying to make in the sense of introducing mainstream comics to heroes outside of the USA. It’s a constant complaint from fandom that minorities and/or other cultures aren’t featured enough, and here you have one of the biggest properties in comics featuring exactly that. So bravo DC.

On the flipside of that, I just don’t find myself all that engaged. I’ll probably give it a few more issues to see if the direction starts to come together.
D-Rock

">

Postby Batman25JM » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:42 pm

Batman Incorporated #3

I didn't like this issue at all. It was more Morrisony than the last two issues. Sure, it wasn't super crazy, but it definitely felt like a Morrison book, and as it was WELL documented on the old boards, I'm not a Morrison fan.

I do think them branching out beyond the USA is a nice touch, but I couldn't care less. I don't give a damn about the heroes of other countries. I'm not saying that because they are from other countries or anything. It's just that so far, none of the characters from the other countries have excited me. They kind of bore me a little. Nothing cool has really been done with them.

Also, like Ben said in his review, the formula of this book is repeating itself, and I'm already getting bored. I'll try the next few issues, but I don't see myself sticking with this much longer.
Batman25JM

">

Postby prescribeddrone » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:56 pm

This was pretty good but not as good as the last two issue, this one sorta dragged a bit.
prescribeddrone

">

Postby LOOSECANNON » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:43 pm

Batman Inc #3

Considering I'm at work, I'll make this rather quick. This was awesome. Everything Morrison stated he was going to do with this series has come to fruition. With his B&R run and now this, he's really nailing the whole 60s Batman right on the head.

For those more interested in "Gotham City" Batman, of course Dick's ventures in both Snyder and Tomasi's titles are going to intrigue more. For something different, bombastic, absolutely shit-shocking, look for Morrison.

Less you expect nothing else?

4.5/5
LOOSECANNON

">

Postby D-Rock » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:01 pm

LOOSECANNON wrote:shit-shocking

I think I've found my new favorite word :lol:
D-Rock

">

Postby jaydee74 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:05 am

LOOSECANNON wrote:Batman Inc #3

Considering I'm at work, I'll make this rather quick. This was awesome. Everything Morrison stated he was going to do with this series has come to fruition. With his B&R run and now this, he's really nailing the whole 60s Batman right on the head.

For those more interested in "Gotham City" Batman, of course Dick's ventures in both Snyder and Tomasi's titles are going to intrigue more. For something different, bombastic, absolutely shit-shocking, look for Morrison.

Less you expect nothing else?

4.5/5

100% in agreement.

D-Rock wrote:
LOOSECANNON wrote:shit-shocking

I think I've found my new favorite word :lol:

I think a lot of us did my friend. ;)
jaydee74

">

Postby Jherek Carnelian » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:37 pm

Loved the concept of the 1980's British Super group the Victory Vs. Notice how there were 5 of them? (in latin 5 = V). Victory V's by the way were a fiercely strong kind of cough candy in the UK. Don't think they're around anymore. Just like this bunch. The Iron Lady! - (Maggie Thatcher as super hero!!) Percy ‘The Knight’ Sheldrake, ( 'Who am I now?’ Hmm.) Fadar - (a bit Morrisey, a bit Zenith). Mr Albion - (if Captain America was a Brit he'd be this kind of dumbass bigot) and Captain Carnation - (Jerry Cornelius or King Mob as played by Adam Ant.)

Project Dedalus - Dedalus = the ancient Greek creator of the Labyrinth which contained the Minotour.

In fact I liked the first two or three pages much more than the rest of the issue. Not sure if the whole international Bat-subs concept isn't wearing a bit thin.
Jherek Carnelian

Location: An imaginary tale that may or may not ever have happened

">

Postby jaydee74 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:47 am

Batman Inc. #4
This was a fun issue. Loved the flashback stuff and I am enjoying the art. This is some really fun Batman adventures and it's enjoyable to read. It's not the most easiest thing to read. I gotta really concentrate and not have a lot of distractions to get the most of it and more times than not, it requires a second or even third read through but that's what I enjoy about Morrison's stuff. Good issue and looking forward to the next one.
jaydee74

">

Postby Jherek Carnelian » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:30 pm

Love issue 4. Great retro-fitting of the original Batwoman - Kathy Kane into the Morrison Era continuity. I love both Batwomen and this narraive entwines their stories perfectly. Looks like the Bat 'franchise' idea is gonna extend beyond and outside Bruce's choice of stand -ins. How perfectly post-modern! 'Were going to be a Bat-Family indeed! I loved Robin's jealous rage, he's acting like Damien in these flash-backs which is delicious irony - 'Even the damn hound is wearing a mask!' :lol: 8-)
Jherek Carnelian

">

Postby Dr. Wade McNasty » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:47 pm

Jherek Carnelian wrote:Loved the concept of the 1980's British Super group the Victory Vs. Notice how there were 5 of them? (in latin 5 = V). Victory V's by the way were a fiercely strong kind of cough candy in the UK. Don't think they're around anymore. Just like this bunch. The Iron Lady! - (Maggie Thatcher as super hero!!) Percy ‘The Knight’ Sheldrake, ( 'Who am I now?’ Hmm.) Fadar - (a bit Morrisey, a bit Zenith). Mr Albion - (if Captain America was a Brit he'd be this kind of dumbass bigot) and Captain Carnation - (Jerry Cornelius or King Mob as played by Adam Ant.)

Project Dedalus - Dedalus = the ancient Greek creator of the Labyrinth which contained the Minotour.

In fact I liked the first two or three pages much more than the rest of the issue. Not sure if the whole international Bat-subs concept isn't wearing a bit thin.

I liked this issue as well. This book is rife with riddles, like the speling of "Oroboro" instead of "Orouboro" and how an Oroboro tends to mean rebirth and death which has been a theme in Batman and Final Crisis then the stuff with the maze and Dedalus, with the labyrinth often have a thematic meaning of rebirth itself as well....I'm onto you Morrison! :o

And the ghost train makes it's return! And lo and behold there is indeed a "ghost" :lol: The ghost train messes with more people's mind. :lol:

And anyone notice all the palindromes that popped up ( mirrorrorrim, Oroboro and so forth)? I think that has to do with something. That and the repeating numbers and such (Agent 33, Kathy Kane, Jimmy the Jackdaw - Stan Lee would be proud). :geek:

finally, the story about the old man being visited by 3 doctors sounds familiar. I think it's a set-up for a joke or a story or something. I know I heard it before. I don't remember where. Oh well, should be interesting.

Jherek Carnelian wrote:Love issue 4. Great retro-fitting of the original Batwoman - Kathy Kane into the Morrison Era continuity. I love both Batwomen and this narraive entwines their stories perfectly. Looks like the Bat 'franchise' idea is gonna extend beyond and outside Bruce's choice of stand -ins. How perfectly post-modern! 'Were going to be a Bat-Family indeed! I loved Robin's jealous rage, he's acting like Damien in these flash-backs which is delicious irony - 'Even the damn hound is wearing a mask!' :lol: 8-)

I loved those as well.
Arsenal wrote: That whole fight makes me want to hire Wade to write a rant for me and fill it with .GIFs that show how upset I am with it.
Dr. Wade McNasty

">

Postby Dr. Wade McNasty » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:59 pm

And the Scorpian-chick's outfit was giving me the weirdest boner. :? Very nice art. :mrgreen:
Arsenal wrote: That whole fight makes me want to hire Wade to write a rant for me and fill it with .GIFs that show how upset I am with it.
Dr. Wade McNasty

">

Postby Jherek Carnelian » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:17 pm

^Just when we were in danger of getting a little overly intellectual you dragged us back into the gutter! :lol: I salute you sir! 8-)
Jherek Carnelian

">

Postby Dr. Wade McNasty » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:30 pm

Jherek Carnelian wrote:^Just when we were in danger of getting a little overly intellectual you dragged us back into the gutter! :lol: I salute you sir! 8-)

I do what I can. :oops: :lol:
Dr. Wade McNasty

">

Postby jaydee74 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:05 am

Jherek Carnelian wrote:Love issue 4. Great retro-fitting of the original Batwoman - Kathy Kane into the Morrison Era continuity. I love both Batwomen and this narraive entwines their stories perfectly. Looks like the Bat 'franchise' idea is gonna extend beyond and outside Bruce's choice of stand -ins. How perfectly post-modern! 'Were going to be a Bat-Family indeed! I loved Robin's jealous rage, he's acting like Damien in these flash-backs which is delicious irony - 'Even the damn hound is wearing a mask!' :lol: 8-)

Agreed with everything you said. I loved how he intertwined the Batwoman silver age stuff into continuity as I have read a good deal of those stories and they are quite enjoyable and seeing some of the actual plots of silver age stories in this issue was a lot of fun. I loved Robin in the flashbacks. He did remind me of Damian a bit and it was hysterical. 'Even the damn hound is wearing a mask!' Loved it. Especially since I remember the introduction of Ace the Bat-Hound. Amazing issue and just some really entertaining Batman stories.
jaydee74

">

Postby elijahdprophet » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:09 am

I like that the movies and poetry that Kane is listed as having written sound like something out of Morrison's previous work. Issue 4 was very Invisibles-y.
elijahdprophet

">

Postby LOOSECANNON » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:59 pm

Fucking fantastic.

Bat Inc 4 had 3 issues worth of juice in 20 pages all the while keeping the last cliffhanger pushing to the next issue. Brilliance, people, brilliance.

4.5/5
LOOSECANNON

">

Postby Jherek Carnelian » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:39 pm

Yeah very 'Invisiblesy' but I think that series is the key to most if not all of Morrison's work; particularly his DC arcs.

Re Batman and Batwoman. Am I right in thinking (I don't have time to check the back issues) that we've witnessed the scene of Bruce (Batman) Wayne and Kathy (Batwoman) Kane in that hallucinogenic gas trap somewhere before? I'm thinking the RIP arc, certainly something to do with Morrison's 'Black Dossier' attempt to retro-explain Batman's more wacky and spacey Silver Age shennanigans. Can anyone place that scene?
Jherek Carnelian

Next

Return to DC