Nightwing

Eternal Crisis of the Pantsless Superheroes. Like them or hate, crises are a big part of the DCU. You can discuss them alongside books like Secret Six and other events like Green Lantern: Blackest Night.
">

Re: Nightwing

Postby jaydee74 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:15 pm

Nightwing #10
This was a great issue. I like the things that Higgins is doing with this issue and I hope it helps shape future issues. I honestly don't know what to say about this but a great start to a new arc and I can't wait to see where all of this goes.
jaydee74

">

Postby D-Rock » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:14 pm

jaydee74 wrote:Nightwing #10
This was a great issue. I like the things that Higgins is doing with this issue and I hope it helps shape future issues. I honestly don't know what to say about this but a great start to a new arc and I can't wait to see where all of this goes.

Yeah, it was a good setup issue for the new arc. It's interesting that Dick is getting into the rebuilding of Gotham with his own funds.
D-Rock

">

Postby Batman25JM » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:33 am

I freaking LOVED issue #10. I'm really happy that Dick will be saying in Gotham. I liked him on the road, but I much prefer him staying in Gotham. I hope the introduction of Paragon leads to a new rogue's gallery being established for Nightwing. Also, I'm happy that Sonia Zucco is back. I really think Dick being involved (in any way) with the daughter of the man who murdered his parents is interesting.
Batman25JM

">

Postby jaydee74 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:00 am

Batman25JM wrote:I freaking LOVED issue #10. I'm really happy that Dick will be saying in Gotham. I liked him on the road, but I much prefer him staying in Gotham. I hope the introduction of Paragon leads to a new rogue's gallery being established for Nightwing. Also, I'm happy that Sonia Zucco is back. I really think Dick being involved (in any way) with the daughter of the man who murdered his parents is interesting.

+ infinity.
Oh. My review:
http://comicartcommunity.com/2012/06/ni ... 10-review/
jaydee74

">

Postby jaydee74 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:25 am

Another great issue. I'm not sure I like how what they are doing with the Detective in this book or not. It seems too similar to what's going on in Batgirl but other than that, it's not bad. I liked the interaction with Dick and Damian. Another solid issue.
jaydee74

">

Postby jaydee74 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:53 pm

jaydee74

">

Postby jaydee74 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:13 pm

Nightwing #12
I liked how this story ended and I hope we see Detective Nie again as an ally to Nightwing. I hope we also see Paragon. He'll make a nice addition to Nightwing's rogue gallery. I'm also interested to see how Dick's relationship with Sonia evolves in future issues.
jaydee74

">

Postby Batman25JM » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:39 am

Nightwing #12

I really liked Guinaldo's art.

The issue was good. I think the Paragon story ended a little too quickly, but with the #0 issue next month I get that they wanted to wrap it up. The ending wasn't bad, but I feel that if it was spread out more it could have been cooler.

I did like the issue though. And I think that Dick relationship with Sonia is going to get really interesting really soon.
Batman25JM

">

Postby Strider » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:49 pm

Nightwing #12

Totally agree about the abrupt ending. I would have loved to see it go on a little longer, but I hope that at the very least, some great seeds were planted for the future.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.

And either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives
Strider

">

Postby Arsenal » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:59 pm

The 0 issue was good, I liked his origin, plus they did it right by starting it with "Years ago" not X number of years ago.
Arsenal

">

Postby jaydee74 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:16 pm

Nightwing #0
I liked this. For the most part, Dick's origin stayed the same. I liked his new costume. I felt Lady Shiva was a bit forced but it makes sense considering the upcoming story. However, one thing that seems new was Dick's ability to read people's movements and actions. That was something that Cassandra Cain could do and not so much Dick but I liked this new ability he has and I'm looking forward to their confrontation.
jaydee74

">

Postby Batman25JM » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:07 am

Nightwing #0

I really liked this issue. It's one of my favorite zero issues so far. That said, I'm not happy with some of the changes to Dick's origin. I really don't like that he was 15 when his parents were killed. I also dislike the fact that Bruce never took Dick in as his ward (and never adopted him). On the other hand, I LOVED that they made Dick able to read people's body language and facial expressions. It makes perfect sense for the character. I also loved that they had Dick figure out that Bruce was Batman.

For years I've wanted them to retcon Dick's original Robin costume. I thought it was silly that the bare legs and pixie boots look was still in continuity. So, while I'm glad that's not his original costume anymore, I didn't care for his new Robin costume. The boots and gloves were fine, I just didn't like the torso. The shoulders and the R really bugged me.
Batman25JM

">

Postby jaydee74 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:17 pm

See, I never had a problem with the original Robin costume. It's what he wore back in the day and it made sense for a circus performer. Is it dated? Sure but it's no more dated than Superman's original costume with the underwear on the outside. The costume made sense for a "Boy Wonder" but since Dick didn't become Robin until he was older, it would have made no sense. I'm not sure how much I like this new Robin costume that he wears and I think the costume has changed in design over the past year in when you have seen it in flashbacks depending on who draws it. At this point, I really don't know what costume Dick or Jason wore and it's almost to the point where I don't even care anymore. I'm just trying to go with the flow and try not to make any sense of the continuity because it will just drive me insane.
jaydee74

">

Postby jaydee74 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:37 pm

Nightwing #15
Holy Cow! This was so good and the Joker was so freaking evil in this. Kyle Higgins is taking Dick Grayson to a dark place and it's going to be interesting to see how he battles back.
jaydee74

">

Postby Batman25JM » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:18 pm

Nightwing #15

This wasn't awful, but something just seems off with this book for me. I think that's been the case for its entire run, but I've just ignored it. I want to like this book more than I do. Part of it is that looking back I don't really care about the stories it has told.

I do think that what happened with Raya was a waste.
Batman25JM

">

Postby jaydee74 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:37 pm

Nightwing #16
I don't know how to feel about this to be honest. Kyle Higgins and hinted about big things in this issue and he was right about that. Nothing felt it was something I didn't see coming. I think that had me a tad disappointed but the overall potential that I feel is now gone has me a bit sad. Not sure how Dick recovers from this but I guess he'll go on somehow. I think out of all of the former sidekicks, Nightwing got messed up the most in my opinion.
jaydee74

">

Postby Batman25JM » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:02 pm

Nightwing #16

Boring, predictable, and a waste of time. I did not enjoy this at all.
Batman25JM

">

Postby jaydee74 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:09 am

I thougt it was predictable but not boring. I felt pretty glued to each page and while I'm not happy about what happened in this issue, I am so damn curious as to what is on that damn tray. It better be something very game-changing. For some reason I think it might be Alfred's head. :shock:
jaydee74

">

Postby Arsenal » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:59 am

jaydee74 wrote: For some reason I think it might be Alfred's head. :shock:

I am thinking that as well, but would that really have the Batman rogues surprised? I don't think Joker knows who Nightwing is, I think that park was in Dick's head when people were saying his name.
Arsenal

">

Postby jaydee74 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:36 pm

It was from the Scarecrow's toxin. Dick was hallucinating Raya and Jimmy being there. My prediction about Alfred's head is a wild theory but I cannot for the life of me think of anything else that would have that much shock value being under that tray. Unless it's one of the head's of another sidekick? Maybe Red Hood? Maybe it's not even a head but for some morbid reason, I think I want it to be.
jaydee74

">

Postby Batman25JM » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:14 pm

It being Alfred's head was my first thought. I also thought it could be just his face. However, I guess Scott Snyder said that it wasn't Alfred's head. If it is a head I'll be upset.

If Joker doesn't know who Dick is, I call bullshit. If he knows Nightwing has a connection to the circus then he should be able to figure out who he really is.
Batman25JM

">

Postby Arsenal » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:23 pm

The whole Nightwing and the Circus thing makes it so obvious who he is, there is a new owner of the Circus, and nightwing just happens to show up where ever they go?
Arsenal

">

Postby jaydee74 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:08 pm

Yeah. If Joker doesn't know who he is, I don't understand then why target the circus at all. Would make no sense to me.
jaydee74

">

Postby jaydee74 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:18 am

Nightwing #17
Great issue. Loved it. We see the aftermath of Nightwing's life after the Joker messed it up. It seems to be in shambles at the moment and I''m looking forward to seeing how he rebuilds. I loved his interaction wtih Damian. I hope we see more of those two teaming up. This issue knocked it out of the park. My only real complaint and it's small but I wasn't a huge fan of how Babs was drawn in this. Other than that, this was great.
jaydee74

">

Postby Batman25JM » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:27 pm

I actually kind of liked issue #17. I didn't think it was amazing or anything, but it was enjoyable enough. I think bringing in the Dealer was cool. I'm hopeful with the circus stuff being done that the book will be moving in the right direction.
Batman25JM

PreviousNext

Return to DC